Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pls recommend a harness for a Shih Tzu

Options
  • 05-09-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

My little 8 month old Shih Tzu is bursting out of her puppy harness. I prefer to use the harness than her collar which she wears all the time with her tag and phone number on. I was looking in MaxiZoo the other day and saw lovely lightly padded ones at 37.99!! That's a bit steep for me. So I went looking online. Now I discover there are different types - H and something else. Can any of you knowledgeable folks recommend a type that's comfortable and good value. Or even where to get the more expensive ones cheaper? Also does the sizing vary a lot between brands and if so what size would be best pls?

Also little Milly doesn't have a coat yet(other than her natural one) but we're thinking of getting her one for the winter mainly to keep her a little bit dry - So can you use a harness with a dog coat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

She would have a thickish coat herself so probably wouldn't need anything else but if we get a winter like last winter perhaps a jumper or t-shirt might be needed.
    You should check out mollys.ie for a size guide there's also various harnesses sometimes they have them on sale.
    If you live near Dunlaoire (sp?) you could go to the mollys shop with the dog and they can help you try them on.
    You can put a jumper on and then the harness over it.

I've used Puppia harnesses before they are lovely and soft but I've found they don't fit all that well at least not on my dogs and can slip out of them.
    Mabey try zooplus.co.uk

One type of harness that I can't seem to find is the leather ones, that have straps on them just like a leather collar strap and they fit brilliantly. FIL used to have one for their dog and haven't seen any like them since. It just seemed more secure than any harness I've tried since.

I keep getting sizes wrong so it's a lot easier to be able to take your dog into a shop and have it tried on.

Advertisement