Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demise of the five!

• 05-09-2010 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

Thanks be to Jesus & his blessed Mother that we won't have
    to listen to this for a long time to come. I'm sure they'll win
    plenty more & good luck to them but the bull siht that surrounded
    the five & Henry Shefflin might have distracted Kilkenny but in
    saying that I'm not taking anything away from Tipperary!
    Deserved winners on the day.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Thanks be to Jesus & his blessed Mother that we won't have
    to listen to this for a long time to come. I'm sure they'll win
    plenty more & good luck to them but the bull siht that surrounded
    the five & Henry Shefflin might have distracted Kilkenny but in
    saying that I'm not taking anything away from Tipperary!
    Deserved winners on the day.:)
    well said!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Now now this might look like a case of "bad winners" by proxy! ;) :pac:

Oh would the Soggy Moggies who painted the North Quays get back with some buckets, sponges and detergent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Delighted for Tipp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

I actually felt sorry for Henry Shefflin goin off... that man shouldn'tve been forced to play.... never a good idea to go against medical advice

i see KK resorted to their usual trick... throwing hurleys when they're bet.. Cork done that with our lads a few years back... :D.... dangerous carry on... and should've been a red card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Well done Tipp.

15 redundant cats for sale, no reasonable offer refused, log on to www.fiveinarowmebollix.com

For sale at much reduced prices 38,000 Kilkenny 5 in a row t-shirts, bronze statue of Brian Cody, can be adjusted to look like John Bruton/Homer Simpson, 1 Henry Shefflin knee brace like new never used Contact Kilkenny County Board or email 5inarowmehole@haha.ie

The ISPCA have arrested 15 men with Tipperary accents wearing blue and gold jerseys in Croke Park. All 15 men have been charged with slaughtering 15 cats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

deisemum wrote: »
    Well done Tipp.

15 redundant cats for sale, no reasonable offer refused, log on to www.fiveinarowmebollix.com

If only that were a real site :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

aint it great to see even when kilkenny (the best city in southeast) loose a hurling match waterford is still so jealous of the southeast's top county
    :D up d cats forever :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

linny wrote: »
    aint it great to see even when kilkenny (the best city in southeast) loose a hurling match waterford is still so jealous of the southeast's top county

Well said and a big congrats to tipperary... Deserved winners

Sure I suppose they have to blow on about something seen as they cant even get close to winning one themselves

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No matter what way you look at it it breaks down as follows for those that give a ****e:

Kilkenny 32 Wins, 24 Runner-up
    Tipp 26 Wins, 10 Runner-up
    Waterford 2 Wins, 4 Runner-up

Sure Kilkenny didn't get 5 in a row but if you look at the numbers its a far far superior team to other's to date and that fact can't be taken away.

People will come up with jokes some idiotic and some actually funny but it doesn't change reality :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Kilkenny isn't a city so it can't be the best city.

Waterford people only care insomuch as perhaps now kilkenny people will stfu about it for a while ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

This is embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

True enough,

I couldn't imagine anyone saying Waterford are better at hurling and sone of the carry on here in work today is cringey at best but some people just love an underdog story like me while others really just want to see Kilkenny loose.

Fact of life is that success breeds contempt. man united have had to put up with this for years and hurling fans are no different.

I really wouldn't have given any kind of a hoot outside of enjoying the game till all this "k-team" shíte broke out. Kilkenny have been good champions in my honest but very limited opinion.

The important thing is as a MOD this is like our summer holidays till it all kicks off again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Yet you post in the Waterford forum............... interesting,

your troll powers are weak old man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Cabaal wrote: »
    No matter what way you look at it it breaks down as follows for those that give a ****e:

Kilkenny 32 Wins, 24 Runner-up
    Tipp 26 Wins, 10 Runner-up
    Waterford 2 Wins, 4 Runner-up

Sure Kilkenny didn't get 5 in a row but if you look at the numbers its a far far superior team to other's to date and that fact can't be taken away.

People will come up with jokes some idiotic and some actually funny but it doesn't change reality :)

Shame they don't have 32 factories, and they wouldn't all be coming over here for a job :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Oh cheer up Kilkenny, you'll be getting decent roads soon!

...and just like Liam McCarthy, they'll be bypassing Kilkenny City too :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dayshah wrote: »
    Shame they don't have 32 factories, and they wouldn't all be coming over here for a job :D

You haven't look around Waterford much have you, it isn't exactly a maufactoring giant anymore as half the places have closed.....its a by gone age when Waterford had factorys
    :rolleyes:

You haven't look around Waterford much have you, it isn't exactly a maufactoring giant anymore as half the places have closed.....its a by gone age when Waterford had factorys
    :rolleyes:

Typical cat...Meeeeeeeeoooooooooooooowww! :P

I can't wait until this nonsense stops and we can all be friends again... :)

gscully wrote: »
    Typical cat...Meeeeeeeeoooooooooooooowww! :P

I can't wait until this nonsense stops and we can all be friends again... :)

Sure thing :rolleyes:
    Nah seriously I don't give a monkeys about all this sport crap, I didn't even watch the match and hardly ever do tbh.

Nah seriously I don't give a monkeys about all this sport crap, I didn't even watch the match and hardly ever do tbh.

Same here. It's amazing how people get so worked up about it and good friendships get seriously tested every September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

As a Kilkenny man, I am delighted for Tipp. It was a great game of hurling that shows what level is needed to be at the top. Pure heart and self belief. Great to see it from a non professional sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Here we go again, Waterford V Kilkenny, lads its a game, Tipp deserved the win and fair play to them.Kilkenny are a top class team which ever way you look at them, Its a sport at the end of the day, and anyone that plays hurling like myself will agree with me, not the jersey grabbers that come out every Sept looking for an excuse ro rub each other up the wrong way, Its not the Gaza strip down there:)

Well said...

and that's the cue for a mod to lock this and let's get this place back to being a waterford forum again.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

The only sad thing to come from yesterday is how far away We(Waterford) really are in terms of winning an All Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Well said...

and that's the cue for a mod to lock this and let's get this place back to being a waterford forum again.

You want to start a nightclub thread :)

Nah, we'd have nothing to talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

It's all a bit of craic but I'm happy that KK didn't win it for the simple reason that it'll have taken the fans that are cocky and arrogant down a peg or two. I'm not saying that all or even many KK fans are like that but when you work somewhere with large numbers of people you come across it quite a bit. You'd swear all they had to do was tog out this year to win 5 in a row the way they were going on. Tipp's win is good for hurling and good for my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Iit'll have taken the fans that are cocky and arrogant down a peg or two. I'm not saying that all or even many KK fans are like that but when you work somewhere with large numbers of people you come across it quite a bit. You'd swear all they had to do was tog out this year to win 5 in a row

To be fair, I'm not from Waterford and I've come across a lot of Waterford people carrying on exactly the same way over the last few years. What annoyed me was that Waterford had nothing to back it up. Not looking for an argument but just saying that it goes on everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Urrrrrgh, try not to be so small time folks. Tipp throughly deserved their win yesterday and I'm thrilled for them, at the same time I feel for what was a great KK team losing out on their chance at history, lest we forget this KK team are arguably the greatest ever and have been awsome to watch the last few years. Also they have been gracious always in victory and yesterday in defeat.

From a Waterford point of view yesterday was good in so far as it showed the team that the black and amber arent unbeatable in the championship. We obviously have a way to go, but with the u-14's winning the Tony Forristal, our minors doing well again this season there is talent coming through.

In the meantime on with the county championship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

So why bother with a thread thats obviously about the hurling?:confused:

• Advertisement

dayshah wrote: »
    So why bother with a thread thats obviously about the hurling?:confused:

Given this isn't a sport forum I'm of course free to post in any thread I want, the fact that Waterford people seem so obsessed with the final even though they weren't even in it is kind of amusing

Advertisement