Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to speak/scream

Options
  • 05-09-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I wonder is it common for people to dream that they are trying to say something very important or scream for help and that the words then just get stuck somehow and nothing comes out?

Have you dreamt that you can't speak/scream? 22 votes

Never
    0% 0 votes
    once or twice
    4% 1 vote
    sometimes
    45% 10 votes
    very often
    50% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 spongelob

I've often dreamt of bein held down by something i could'nt see but could feel and tried screaming for someone to help but nothing would come out? this has happened me very often anybody had this happen them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭easynote

No, I never dreamt that. It sounds scary. I wonder if these kind of dreams are about not allowing ourselves to accept how we really feel about something, and just conforming to our thoughts or other peoples expectations instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Yeah, it can be linked with this. I sometimes get it. Once I finally got the scream out, it was like I was pushing something and all of a sudden it just released. I woke up straight away and realised I was making a weird moaning grumbling sound but in my dream it was a powerful scream.

Once I woke up saying 'I don't want live here'. I had been trying to explain to my dad how horrible my apartment was during the whole dream, and even pointing out loads of spiders creeping around on the floor, but only being able to whisper.

Interesting result on the poll. It seems like I am not alone in this.:D
    These kind of dreams can be very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

spongelob wrote: »
    I've often dreamt of bein held down by something i could'nt see but could feel and tried screaming for someone to help but nothing would come out? this has happened me very often anybody had this happen them before?

This happened to me as a child and frightened the life out of me! I couldn't scream, i couldn't jump out of the bed, i could not move at all! I was terrified! I also felt a bad presence in the room. As soon as i could move i ran all the way downstairs to my Mum (r.i.p) and told her what happened. It took her a while to calm me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

thanks for this post always worries me in the dream and when i wake that speach is just not possible its very frustrating at the time more so because i usually have nightmares not dreams:( glad to hear its not unusual:)

Advertisement