Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAT type 3 to NAT type 2

Options
  • 05-09-2010 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi folks,

These questions have been asked on the forums before, but I would like to narrow this one down to my own set up. My PS3 is connected to a Billion BiPAC 7402GXL router. It's a wired connection. I have tried without success to change from NAT type 3 to NAT type 2
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

forward the right ports to the ps3's ip, set the router's built in firewall to low or off,

or stick your ps3's ip into dmz if the router supports that function

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DufferO8

this video shows how to get nat type 1 on your ps3 without going on your pc. if you have eircom the username and password are the same: broadband1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU

• Registered Users Posts: 26 FunkeeFresh

I've found that if you're stuck on NAT 3, usually your APN is set to "internet". Try changing it to "open.internet" for NAT 2. Always worked for me!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dandii

Hi,

I have a Zyxel router with perlico and read on a much older thread that once you enable Upnp that your nat will change to type 2, which it did. However, when I log back onto the playstation I checked the nat type again and it had gone back to upnp not being available and nat type 3. I dont know why and would appreciate any help! I tried connecting using pppoe but that doesnt seem to work at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

You need to login to your router and forward some ports on your ps3 to get into you router go to cmd prompt (type cmd into the start search bar on your pc) then in cmd prompt type "ipconfig" then take note of the ip address called "default gateway" then type that number into firefox, chrome or whatever internet browser you use this will log you into your router. Now find a section called something like "Port forwarding/triggering" in this section you should have a series of boxes to fill out there should be a box for Ip address, start port, end port and type in the ip address box type in your ps3 ip address (i would suggest making your ps3 ip address static so you dont need to do this again) you can find that somewhere in the ps3 network settings and type it into the first 3 boxes for ip addresses then in the start port box type 10070 and end port 10080 and the type should be TCP
    then the next one should be 10070 - 10070 UDP
    and the last one 6000 - 6999 UDP

(it should look something like this)

IP(ps3 ip)______Start port______End port______Type
    192.168.1.X____10070__________10080_______TCP
    192.168.1.X____10070__________10070_______UDP
    192.168.1.X ____6000__________6999_________UDP

so u should have 3 lines done now neable and apply these settings then do a network test on the ps3 and hopefully you will have nat type 2

was on the page forwarded the ports just there but it doesnt have a udp tcp option just start port end port and the ip address? I set up the ports it would allow me to but it still remains upnp unavailable and nat type 3! The only time I can get nat type 2 is when I reset my router using the reset button and then activate upnp through the default gateway page!

what is apn and how do you change it?!!?

Advertisement