Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few underwater macros for c&c:)

• 05-09-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hiya went out today and it was clear enough and took a few regular focal length shots which weren't great but decided to try out the macro mode for the first time:) i'm happy with the results pity there was nothing more exciting but there you go - the fish are too effing fast!!

6289FE68361C41C7BE5EE9E7C01CFE0A-0000334689-0001899870-00640L-030DC2DA9DB84A03A04B0087D953A4F1.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Nice steady shot for a 1/30th shutter speed! Always nice to avoid scatter-back by not using the flash but can be tricky to get them this sharp... nice work! ;)

Scuba Dive West have an underwater photography competition going at the moment, open for entries until Wed (8th Sep) night. Some very nice prizes so worth entering a few: http://www.competitionssdw.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

ah thanks, i was resting the camera on the rocks while i took them. the front ring on the housing is scratched to bits but sure thats probably what its there for. the current was really strong so no way of doing it handheld. you reckon one of them could win a prize? jays might have a look:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Free to enter so you may as well. You'd only be kicking yourself if you later saw a poorer shot winning a prize!

thanks for pointing that out to me:) entered them so fingers crossed:) would be good to get a pair of fins although after the cold today i think i need a wetsuit!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Wow! Fantastic work. My daughter's in a dive club and I saw a few like this a few weeks ago. It must be fantastic to view at close quarters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shanona

beautiful! absolutely stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

Very clear shot, that is a beadlet sea anemone, they look like little blobs of red jelly when the tide is out.

Very common in Irish waters, I have seen so many myself whilst diving here, it's another world down there under them there waves :)

thanks for the comments:) wow its always good to know what i have been photographing:)

@visuelle tell me about it. I was in the water for an hour and started getting a bit chilly and then decided to test the macro mode on way back to the bags and got carried away with these yokes and ended up spending another hour in the underwater paradise. needless to say was freezing when i got out! well worth it though;)

Advertisement