Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raffle off an apartment!! (Part 2)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭roganjosh

anbody get an email from this thing recently??

• Registered Users Posts: 33 winit

I sent an email to him months ago but alas no reply....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Is it too late to arrange a chargeback on my credit card does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

This thread should eb moved to After Hours!!

Just got a call from 00442073135701 saying I would get my money back if I gave my credit card details over the phone. I told him that I wanted to investigate first so he said he would forward me an email with details. The number seems to belong to a company called Eventia in the UK. Anyone else get a similar call?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The number belongs to Active Network Events. Eventia are the people that own the trade show that website belongs to. The phone number belongs to one of the companies at it as you can see in the list on the link you gave.

Is it really worth risking getting scammed if they arent legit for the sake of €30?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 winit

Hi I got phone call yesterday from same number also asking for bank details to refund the money, I said that I was unwilling to give bank details over the phone and with that they replied that they'd email information to enable me to be refunded by post....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

That website is offering Cheap car rental and football tickets. :confused:

<snip>

Tickets still available?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ronan45 wrote: »
    That website is offering Cheap car rental and football tickets. :confused:

Tickets still available?

Thats a domain holding page and has nothing to do with the company.

Meant to post here...I got my refund from this on 22/12/2011 from Wells Fargo bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

The idea is sound if it can be executed properly. I'm surprised it has not been done. I assume its because a lottery license would probably be required?

Advertisement