Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Geology

Options
  • 05-09-2010 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey, I’m in fifth year and thinking of becoming a geologist. So just wondering what the course is like and is there much work out there?

Is UCD better at Geology then TCD, or should I look at studying in UCC?

I also posted this on the TCD page

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭chrissor

Hi, I am studying Geology as a joint major with Archaeology, so I'm only doing three of the four years of Geology, going into my final year now.

The Geology department in UCD is supposed to be one of the best in in Europe, extremely tough in third and fourth year but apparently worth it when you get your degree.

UCD and TCD students go on a joint fieltrip at some point, 4th year I think and according to lecturers and past students, the ability of UCD students is much better than the Trinity folk.

I dont know all this for fact but this is what I've heard from many people and the course itself is interesting and challenging, the lecturers are great and the fieldtrips although tough is a lot of fun :D

Advertisement