Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking elective places

Options
  • 05-09-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Is there any way of checking a provisional elective to see how many people have opted to take it? I could be wrong but I remember another year I got emails saying how many people had chosen it and whether or not it was over-subscribed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

You can choose to search by "hiding full modules" so you'll know which ones still have places anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you search in SIS, it tells you how many places are available next to the name e.g. "Available: 15". The emails come later as they close the registration.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dtmc

opinions wrote: »
    Is there any way of checking a provisional elective to see how many people have opted to take it? I could be wrong but I remember another year I got emails saying how many people had chosen it and whether or not it was over-subscribed.

I got one of those emails today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

dtmc wrote: »
    I got one of those emails today

Same. One of my electives has 90 places.. There's 375 that have applied for it! What makes it worse is that my other elective has 190 places and nearly 450 have applied for it!

Feel like smashin somethin.. grrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Should be fine for one of mine at least. The other double have applied:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

mine are oversubscribed x 4. so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If it's been mentioned favourably in one of the many "easy electives" threads here in the past, you can bet that it's going to be oversubscribed. :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

I havent gotten any email about my electives which are Exploring Archaeology in semester 1 and Classical Art & Archaeology in semester 2.Have tried to see if it is oversubscribed but have had no luck, im a bit of a dunce when it comes to online searches (computers in general :D).

Advertisement