Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W995 YouTube problem!

Options
  • 05-09-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. Have my W995 a few days but seem to be having a problem playing YouTube vids. When I go via the App the video looks like it is playing (timer moving etc.) But screen is blank and no sound. Ive tried going via the net (its own browser and Opera) but this doesnt work either. When I click on the vid it says 'Please wait. Buffering' and then 'Failed'. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Does it use real one player to play it, cant remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Not too sure. I dont see it mentioned. But phone is set up to play YouTube so it must have something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Not too sure. I dont see it mentioned. But phone is set up to play YouTube so it must have something.

I had a w995 phone a while back, am not 100% positive, but think you have to have your phone connected to wireless in order to view videos on YouTube.

W995 can't stream the videos over 3G etc.

(don't murder me if this info is wrong folks)

Yeah that crossed my mind as well. But when I go on everything seems to operate except picture and sound:-S. Why would the buttons and timer work if it wasnt connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TV4Ever

Yeah that crossed my mind as well. But when I go on everything seems to operate except picture and sound:-S. Why would the buttons and timer work if it wasnt connected?

I have a W995 and YouTube works fine. You are correct in your thinking that you are connected - particularly if you are browsing and searching videos but cannot play them. There may be a problem with your settings or your network. I'm with O2 and they used to block streaming but allow it now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Vodafone and meteor have had problems with it of late. Check your streaming settings and maybe reset the phone.

UPDATE! Rang SE support on Thur. They suggested I try on WiFi as Gucky said....No good:-( Rang em back, they said must be a problem with settings and to try ringing Vodafone. Rang Vodafone (now that was an ordeal). They sent me new settings but no good. Tried various times over the last few days but nada. Decided I would go to shop today but tried one more time and Guess what?? Working perfectly WTF?? Only thing Ive done in the meantime is joined Facebook and added YouTube as a friendthingy but I cant see why that would make a difference. Anyway alls good now so thanks for the help. New question coming up but Ill start a new thread for that:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

I had the same issue on a w995, I ended up doing a firmware upgrade on the hand set using the sony erricson software, worked well, do a backup of your phone first though, this will wipe everything normally.

Advertisement