Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions for International Aero Eng Co-op?

Options
  • 05-09-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I'm an aero eng 2nd year, and I'm looking at doing international co-op and I was wondering if people had any suggestions or advice on where to or not to go? If anyone has any experiences, good or bad I'd love to hear about them.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Not exactly the most exotic of locations, but if you are simply looking at getting outside of Ireland, it will do! Worked with their parent company last year on co-op, great company to work for, and very interesting.

GE Aircraft Engines

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

I would suggest Air Bus in France a few of the areo's in my year went over there for coop.

to be honest the areos found it very hard to get coop this year a lot of them are with mech company's or are on un paid work for small Irish areo company's

Dont be worried when the bio's and mech's start to get placements early with company's like Boston scientific . it happens every year most of the areos only got sorted towards the end of the year

I did'nt even get my placement till the very end of may and i'm currently out on coop in Qatar.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

Thanks for the replies, GE Aero sounds good, I had a look on the website and I found some of the jobs, none were aero specific, but I'll keep my eye on it. Looks like it could be good if the don't ask for US citizenship, or have somewhere european!

Mayo_Lad, Airbus seem like they could be good, but I don't have french at all, and I'm sure that'd be needed over there. I've a bit of german, but I'm not sure what level they'd want. What are you doing over with Qatar?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

I'm out here working for a Engineering precurment and construction company out here it's not that bad out here apart from the weather:D:D

there are a few other good jobs for aero internationally but don't be picky because the aero jobs are as scarce as hen's teeth :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

Yeah, it would definitely seem that way looking around! Maybe I'll just have to try to learn german or french too and just apply to anywhere that I can! I'm pretty sure I could get a co-op in jaguar/land rover if I was stuck, but I'd really like to do something in the aero sector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

No Bull**** - Airbus in Toulouse

Thats where you have to go.

Enough said. If you want more info from Aero Engers..... I'll pass on their details to you. PM me if you interested!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭spudd

Airbus in Toulouse is savage, not sure how much relevant engineering experience you will get though, depends on which area you're working in - Central Entity is basically all paperwork, while St. Martin and Lagardere is more hands on.

I did Biomed Eng. and did my co-op there 2 years ago. You will get by fine without French, once you learn the basics so that you can get by in shops and stuff, the company works through English so you don't need to worry about having a decent standard of french. Toulouse is an amazing city, if you go there you won't regret it - I'd kill to go back and live there again!

Advertisement