Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway ghost hunters?

Options
  • 05-09-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's a paranormal society/hunters in galway, or if not interested in setting one up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Actually spoke to someone about this yesterday. There dosnt seem to be any investigation groups on the west coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

There must be enough people out here that would be interested in getting one together..anyone have any suggestions how to get the ball rolling?

Ball is rolling:)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

There is one in Sligo.

There called PAST. A new enough team, around a few months.

That's the only team I know of on that side of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Last Gang i heard of from Galway was this group if they are still one

http://www.myspace.com/psychicsenses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

Looking to the same ultain but find it hard to get other people around me involved...i'm based in carrick on shannon.

this thread will disappear into the ether soon!!...all that's needed is 10 people at the most, three people have contacted me (living) so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 666th

Are there any places worth a paranormal investigation in Galway?? it would be a nice place to visit at least to find some locations.:)

Well...Renvyle house would be my first choice to investigate, there's also aughnanure castle. would be nice to have a team to do it with though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jesabel129

Hey guys, I know this is an old enough thread, just wondering did anything happen with setting up a ghost hunter/ paranormal group?? Iv become really intrested in the paranormal recently since i returned from a visit to Edinburgh, i experienced a few strange and exciting things over there and since iv returned home to Galway. Would love to join a group and explore this more but very disapointed to see that we dont have any in Galway!! Hope someone gets back to me on this!! :)

• Advertisement

No is the answer but its hard to tell now with so many groups all over the place acting independently and claiming everything is a ghost.

If there was enough people interested.....a group might have a chance of forming...learning about local histroy at the very least would be a good enough result.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jesabel129

Thanks for the quick replies! Its such a pity that Galway dosent have something for ghost hunters, most counties have in Ireland have one! I know there are many people out there that would love the thought of being a paranormal investigator and getting the chance to learn more about Galway's history but are too 'scared' of the unknown, if thats the word im looking for!
    I wish my persuasive tactics were up to scratch!!! I know i have a skeptic-ish boyfriend who would happily join us. Il have to look into it more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'd be extremely interested in joining a Galway group a)if there's something I could offer and b)if there's room left.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭clouds

This sounds interesting, I'd love to come, if that's ok. Also if I don't chicken out at the last minute.

It would nice to set up a paranormal team as there isn't many around in the west other that a couple in sligo & galway...i'd be intersted in looking into this, as i said before im based in carrick on shannon...ultain is there any others interest since?

feelio wrote: »
    It would nice to set up a paranormal team as there isn't many around in the west other that a couple in sligo & galway...i'd be intersted in looking into this, as i said before im based in carrick on shannon...ultain is there any others interest since?

have you done any investigating?

Riamfada wrote: »
    have you done any investigating?

Have been to ross castle twice on two seperarte investigations, have visited leap castle also so am familiar with these places, would like to get involved more if i could!

Advertisement