Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate needs help in what to do with their life

• 06-09-2010 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi there,

I just completed a level 8 postgrad in journalism and have obtained a 2.2 in commerce beforehand.

Not a clue what to do next with my life any ideas on where I could go or get a job abroad easy enough for a year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leeds87

right this is probably not the correct thread to be posting in but i cant start a new thread lately because i have less than 25 posts. Anyway im currently in 4th year biotechnology in cit and iv always been interested in forensic science and we did a module in 2nd year. im just wondering does anybody have any info on jobs in the garda crime lab in dublin such as recruitment process, workload, salary etc. i know its a public sector job but thats about it. i also got a bit of info from google but would like to know if anybody has detailed info. any replies appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

tomombo wrote: »
    Hi there,

I just completed a level 8 postgrad in journalism and have obtained a 2.2 in commerce beforehand.

Not a clue what to do next with my life any ideas on where I could go or get a job abroad easy enough for a year.

Sorry I can't help but if it makes ya feel any better I'm in much the same situation after finishing an MA! On dole at the moment and not much sign of getting off it...after two leaving certs, five years in college and spending over ten grand (just on fees) in that time it's not what I would have hoped for. But there is plenty of us in the same situation and much worse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

"level 8 postgrad" - probably the humblest way you can say you got a PhD.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Quatro24

Im wid V480 - just finished Masters (which was actually 3 semesters) so over 5 years later, massive loans and no jobs!!
    All in same boat and things aint looking like they r getting much better!!
    Sorry, I know I am so optimistic!!!!

Also Level 8 = Honours Degree, no???
    I just did a Masters and thats level 9..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Quatro24 wrote: »
    Im wid V480 - just finished Masters (which was actually 3 semesters) so over 5 years later, massive loans and no jobs!!
    All in same boat and things aint looking like they r getting much better!!
    Sorry, I know I am so optimistic!!!!

Also Level 8 = Honours Degree, no???
    I just did a Masters and thats level 9..
    oh so it is...first thing I found on search for term was this - http://www.nfopp.co.uk/uploaded_Photos/qualifications/qualsframeworkNFOPP.pdf
    - which caused my error.

• Advertisement
Advertisement