Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May I have synthesiser Advice?

• 06-09-2010 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I'm new here so I don't know if its rude to start this thread or not.. but I need advice on a purchase ill be making in a few weeks.

I just started learning Keyboard (using a friends keyboard) and its going very very well. But I want to be able to buy my own synthesiser as most of my favourite bands etc use synths. So obviously I want to replicate sounds you might hear from klaxons, Late of the Pier, Does it offend you, yeah and the like. But at the same time i want to be able to learn propper piano pieces so thought i'd need a decent sized keyboard.

Im just looking for advice on which to buy, as I'm not hugely knowlegable.

Anyways, my choices are:
    Microkorg XL
    Alesis Micron
    Yamaha mm6
    Korg ps60.

The korg ps60 really stretches my budget but id be willing to go that far if you think its worth it.

Oh, and Arpegiator or however you spell it is a must!! haha

Anyway, I'll be thrilled to hear back from anyone who knows which is best for me.

Thank you!
    Ian.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

The micron and microkorg arent going to be big enough for learning piano pieces. The mm6 is probably your best bet for a balance, that is if you cant afford the ps60. Have you looked at the roland juno range?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Look for something secondhand, like a Korg Trinity, Triton, Novation Supernova etc... much more for your money.

I use Yamaha XS7 myself and everything else is in the mac but for bread and butter sounds I love the Trinity and tritons :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

The new Roland Junos look really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DirkPoweer

eoin5 wrote: »
    The micron and microkorg arent going to be big enough for learning piano pieces. The mm6 is probably your best bet for a balance, that is if you cant afford the ps60. Have you looked at the roland juno range?
    Umm nope I haven't, are they good? Whats the Junos plus points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I can't give you a point for point comparison but the juno DI sounds good to me, is €100ish less than the ps60 and should do both jobs for you. That said I'd love to try an mm6 to see how it measures up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I'd recommend a juno too.

Decent quality and good patches for both synth sounds and piano ect.

Advertisement