Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ian Dempsey has a go at Ryan tubridy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Dempsey is from the smiley sand nicey school of djing

He is in no position to comment on anyone

In fact he is soooooo chessy I can't listen to him

Couldn't agree more. I was very surprised that he wasn't really mentioned in the "Least favourite presenter" thread.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ian Dempsey is the connsomate Breakfast DJ. He saved Today FM.
    Ryan Tuberty doesn't know what he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Consumed and comsuming i'd say

If he is so good how come he couldn't even beat Radio 1's "boring" selection every morning:

http://www.mii.ie/attachments/wysiwyg/6051/RadioListenershipUpdate.pdf

heeeeeeeeeeeeey it'ssssssssssssssss Ianooooooooooooooooooo with an O oh ya

Chesssayyyyyyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Dempsey is rubbish on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Consumed and comsuming i'd say

If he is so good how come he couldn't even beat Radio 1's "boring" selection every morning:

http://www.mii.ie/attachments/wysiwyg/6051/RadioListenershipUpdate.pdf

heeeeeeeeeeeeey it'ssssssssssssssss Ianooooooooooooooooooo with an O oh ya

Chesssayyyyyyy

Beat the most listened to show on radio- easy....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

efb wrote: »
    Ian Dempsey is the connsomate Breakfast DJ. He saved Today FM.
    Ryan Tuberty doesn't know what he is.

:eek:

Didn't know he likes soup!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

:eek:

Didn't know he likes soup!!

Likes chowder apparently...or so I have heard.

Real reason is that he wants to stoke up some publicity for himself and his sinking ship of a programme.

Dempsey knows he is rapidly approaching his sell by date and needs to re-invent himself sharpish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Indeed Fulton, that's what they tend to do.

When the career is circling the drain, nothing better than to 'attack' some other personality and use the contacts in the 'meejia ' to highlight this.

It's the old win win situation, the media outlet gets the lurid details , the 'star' gets the publicity and the subject gets to put a media opportunity in his/her back pocket to use when there is a lull in the wedge coming in.

those of us in the know;) can see this tactic fairly handily i would suggest, and do what all people should do, ignore the fcuking spam which comes from these peoples agents;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

When you think about it, we're badly served by the people on Radio here.Dempsy and Tubridy are pretty medicore middle of the road talents.I suppose that goes with the terrority when you live on a dull,provincal Island on the west coast of Europe.There are no stars or great talent to be found on any Radio station here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Dempsey knows he is rapidly approaching his sell by date and needs to re-invent himself sharpish.

He is rapidly approaching the end of his current contract, but I doubt he will have any problems renewing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

deary me...ian dempsey didnt even take a pot shot at turbriddy..
    and the tubs...like the bag of sticks that he is, makes out he did live on air..
    and makes himself look even more mediocore than dempsey..
    and continues ramblimg about books or womens sexual preferens or something ..i mena its all too depressing to listen to..

the rise of tubriddddy is showing us all just how much of a run of the mill,middle of the road,bread and potoatos country we are..
    the sooner we all realise and leave for london or the us...the better.

leave this turgid island for the poles and whoever else is dim enough to want it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

To be fair, Dempsey did just state a fact, i.e. Tubridy had the most listened to show on Irish radio on before him on Radio One, and one of the most listened to shows on Irish radio on after him. He won't have that on 2fm, so it'll be tougher.

Surely not that controversial a statement? Not necessarily having a go at Tubridy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

jane wani wrote: »
    deary me...ian dempsey didnt even take a pot shot at turbriddy..
    and the tubs...like the bag of sticks that he is, makes out he did live on air..
    and makes himself look even more mediocore than dempsey..
    and continues ramblimg about books or womens sexual preferens or something ..i mena its all too depressing to listen to..

the rise of tubriddddy is showing us all just how much of a run of the mill,middle of the road,bread and potoatos country we are..
    the sooner we all realise and leave for london or the us...the better.

leave this turgid island for the poles and whoever else is dim enough to want it.;)

bye then. we'll have a "she's gone" party!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

To be fair, Dempsey did just state a fact, i.e. Tubridy had the most listened to show on Irish radio on before him on Radio One, and one of the most listened to shows on Irish radio on after him. He won't have that on 2fm, so it'll be tougher.

Surely not that controversial a statement? Not necessarily having a go at Tubridy?

mmmm...why you are replying to me with this statement of the horribly obvious i do not know...
    i am the one who already said tryin blurbardy was making a fuss about nothing..
    maybe you were listening to the inane ramblings of said bag of sticks and it distracted you from who you really wanted to reply to...i suggest listening to rubbery less and reply to the correct people please...
    yours in fryin blubberry depthless good faith.
    jane wani;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

jane wani: please call the man by his name and stop calling him "bag of sticks", "rubbery", "blubbery", etc. Personal insults are against the charter of the Radio forum and could result in a ban.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Rubik. wrote: »
    He is rapidly approaching the end of his current contract, but I doubt he will have any problems renewing it.

Very perceptive Rube...no problem renewing it..but the wedge Rube ..the wedge ...will the wedge be as generous ?

I think not !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Very perceptive Rube...no problem renewing it..but the wedge Rube ..the wedge ...will the wedge be as generous ?

I think not !

Even more wedge than before, according to The Sindo.

Advertisement