Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 wireless troubles

Options
  • 06-09-2010 5:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Basically I can play the PS3 wirelessly for hours but as soon as someone fires up their laptop I lose connection to the server and cant get back on.
    The network dosnt even show up when I scan for it, it just refuses to pick up the server.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Any ideas?
    Its really pissing me off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I hate to be a pain but it really pisses me off to constantly have to ask people to post as many details as possible of their set up. How can anyone help you if they dont know what your set up is?

dub45 wrote: »
    I hate to be a pain but it really pisses me off to constantly have to ask people to post as many details as possible of their set up. How can anyone help you if they dont know what your set up is?

What info are you looking for?

Its a linksys, it has afew ethernet cables going to different things and a phone attached.

I can give other details but i dont know whats relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

What info are you looking for?

Its a linksys, it has afew ethernet cables going to different things and a phone attached.

I can give other details but i dont know whats relevant?

ie..model ...where are the ethernet cables running to.....what else is connected to your modem....do you have a seperate router attached for example?

This is my router/modem
    193425.jpg
    Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway

Specifications: The All-in-One Solution for Internet Connectivity in Your Home. *ADSL2+Modem, Internet Sharing Router, 4-Port Switch and Wireless-G Access Point in one Box *High Speed ADSL2+Modem gives you a fast "Always On" connection to the internet. *Connect your home PCs and other wireless devices to the Gateway and the Internet using the built-in Wireless-G Access Point or connect directly with the 4-Port Ethernet Switch. *Advanced Firewall and Security features protect your PCs, Your Data and your family.

2 ethernet cables run into flatmates room to his computer and 1 to his xbox 360 that he never uses.

There is a phone conected to the router for internet calls.

Thats it!

Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Is that enough info?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

Have you tried another adsl modem/router just to rule out any problems with your own modem? Maybe you could borrow one. Sounds like your connection is dropping under load.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

try assign a ststic ip address in your playstation, its very strange behaviour but that would solve the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Either that or your mate has a static IP address and your DHCP address is clashing with it ! Agreed try another static IP, or turn each thing on one by one until it goes poop

Advertisement