Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty

Options
  • 06-09-2010 5:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Don’t judge this album by its cover, which looks like it was designed using Paint Shop Pro for Windows 95.

Not a minute in, the listener’s already immersed in exotic whistling, wah guitar, Troutman talkbox and Dr. Dre-style Steinway punches.

Then Big Boi’s first words on his astounding debut solo album: “Damn, that wasn’t nothing but the intro.”

http://www.amazon.com/Lucious-Left-Foot-Chico-Dusty/dp/B003FGWSL0i

The high degree of musical variety and ampleness on Chico Dusty can’t be overstated.

Outkast’s straight man takes the listener on a fantastic voyage through 23rd-century cosmic funk, militant opera, synth-tracked gospel, brass arrangements, salsa interludes, indelible deep-fried hooks and, on Tangerine, a psych guitar line awash in congos and shakers for T.I. to talk greasy over.

Big Boi’s lyrically on point, too, balancing cavalier wit and grown-man profundity that puts this album among Outkast’s best. Your move, 3000.

Jason Richards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

gaving52 wrote: »
    Big Boi’s lyrically on point, too, balancing cavalier wit and grown-man profundity that puts this album among Outkast’s best. Your move, 3000.

Jason Richards

it is nowhere near Outkast's best.as an Outkast fan myself,it was a bit of a let down to be honest.hopefully it will improve on further listening

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Hands down one of the best albums I've heard. Every song sounds fresh and the beats intertwine with the lyrics perfectly.

Pity he had to get screwed over so badly by his label on this and that it had to perform so poorly in the charts because make no mistake this album will blow you away.

Just magical

Advertisement