Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midle aged almost and started smoking

• 06-09-2010 6:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Lately i have been stressed out. I get lonely and think i have ocd. I have just started smoking!! All my friends are looking at me as if i am mad even though some of them have been smiking all their life. How do i stop? i started smoking while drinking now i am doing it all the time. Is their anyhinh else i could do instead? i think its a bit of nervousness especially around people

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Smoking will only exascerbate your nervousness. I think you'd benefit from reading the Allen Carr book. If you are in a position to quit, do so now. It's a slippery slope and a nasty habit that is detrimental to your health and wallet so use the book to help you. There is also a Giving Up Smoking forum on Boards.ie which has been a great support to those who hope to/already have quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

don't do it - give it up now. Its so not worth it - when you are addicted, basically you are smoking so that you can feel normal - that normal is what a non smoker feels all the time. Besides that, the cost of cigarettes will be going up, not down, so hope you have full pockets, - its crazy to start. please don't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Some people just have to find somethingelse to do instead of smoking. Some find something to chew, to eat, or whatever, to get over the feeling. In my case, I ate peanuts- perhaps not the best thing but it worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Why would you read a book written by someone who died from smoking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Eh, because its a pretty amazing piece of work and has improved the lives of many former smokers.

Why would anyone listen to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Eh you dont listen to boards you read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

dave45dave, if you cant be helpful, dont bother posting at all

Advertisement