Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having problems registering?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I have emailed SAA about this, but was just wondering if anyone else was having similar problems.. It will let me select the module I have to register for but when I click 'submit selections', it tells me my selection is not valid! :eek: Anyone know whats going on with this?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Can anybody tell me how to register? Completely forget how to do it and Im way way to hungover to figure it out.

UL_Girl, I reckon just wait until SAA reply and if that doesnt happen just call into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

^^ Ul Homepage -> Current students -> Student Records

The rest is self-evident once you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

as soon as put in my DOB its loads a blank screen... being doing this all wkend. anyone else having that problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gazza1000

Tried to register this morning - I'm getting a red error message telling me to contact SAA and provide them with my error and all my passwords and pins - I don't think I'll be doing that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭paddywroks

I got the same red error message. Hopefully saa will have it sorted by tomorrow. Also, can anyone get to the Sulis site, I just get a constant loading message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It looks to me like you have to be on a university computer to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

ryanf1 wrote: »
    It looks to me like you have to be on a university computer to do it.

A tad problematic for those of us on co-op away from Limerick I must say!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

deise_boi wrote: »
    A tad problematic for those of us on co-op away from Limerick I must say!

I didn't have any difficulty restringing and i'm in on coop it seems to be a problem for some and no for others

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I'd assume it's a load/database issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Yes, red error page for me and 2 others doing BBS with French in 2nd year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Tried to register for a BBs buddy of mine and got that red error message too. I thought it was just me and was like how am I going to explain to him I screwed up his registration especially with that 200 euro fine.
    :(:p

Oh and when you check 'modules i'm currently registered for' they should be all there but the reg link won't go away. :p

Just out of curiousity how many here who have problems are doing a business course??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Perhaps this is all an elaborate plot to get as many students as possible to pay that ridiculous fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

I can only get as far as 'Student Records', which I click, then the page says the internet can't find or display the page I'm looking for! Very annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Also having problems - presumably its a bit like results morning, where the necessity to provide access to all the students who need it proves too much. Every time.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

paddywroks wrote: »
    I got the same red error message. Hopefully saa will have it sorted by tomorrow. Also, can anyone get to the Sulis site, I just get a constant loading message.

I think SULIS is only up from 12 midnight tonight. That's what Eoin Devereux said anywho.

I'm getting the red error message too but all my modules appear when I click the modules I'm registered for button.

I sent off an email to saa but as usual no reply.

Another stressful start to a semester :p

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Mindkiller wrote: »
    Perhaps this is all an elaborate plot to get as many students as possible to pay that ridiculous fee.

I was thinking the same thing myself :P it would be a very good plan on their part.
    ........Hopefully not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I'm getting the red error message too but all my modules appear when I click the modules I'm registered for button.

Same here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

That college is a complete joke, a play school would be more organised. Half the people in there should be sacked, absolutely f**king useless. Same ****e every year between results day and registration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

The site is down seemingly now ><

This happened for online enrollment and for finding my timetalbe yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I was in a computer lab and I could register but my friend couldn't, its most lightly a server side issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭paddywroks

I'm in the library now and I still can't register. Same red error message. I can log into student records but can't comfirm my modules. Don't remember this being a problem in the past. This is getting tedious.

I received an answer to my email: It said that:

"due to a technical error you cannot register your modules, saa will do this for you, you will not incur any fine, please inform us of any/all elective choices you may need to make"

So if you are still having problems, send on an email and saa will do it for you, it's also a good way to avoid the fine seeing as you will have an email trail. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 panagma

I'm on co-op and I was having the same problem, so i rang up the SAA and they saw that I had attempted to register and that they would do it for me, I was just making sure i wouldn't have to pay €200 on friday! :D

sorry whats their email ?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

The site doesn't load here! :/

Seloth wrote: »
    sorry whats their email ?

saa@ul.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

Just wondering , when you go to student records and click 'modules I am currently registered for', thats a definite confirmation that your registered ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bongomc wrote: »
    Just wondering , when you go to student records and click 'modules I am currently registered for', thats a definite confirmation that your registered ?

Yes.

I've been told to print a screenshot of that as proof.

Yeah I did it in the library today..its it just to confirm the modules are its all done?

• Advertisement
Advertisement