If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung LE46C530

Options
  • 06-09-2010 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭

Morning again.

Dunno if ye've seen the thread over in BA, but Argos are doing the above set for €550 delivered. We've got 2 of them ordered, and was just wondering if ye could pricematch it?

Ye may as well have my money as someone else.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi again.

Unfortuantely this is a model that is now discontinued on our system and not one that I can even order in.

It seems like a pretty good price, but I would advise that you see the performance of that screen before you buy it as the 40" wasn't up the standard of some of the other screens around the same price.

It's certainly a big screen for that sort of money and currently in a 46", I wouldn't have anything to match.

I am expecting a Philips to come in at £549.95 / €679 which is a 47PFL3605.

Currently I only have the American specs which are subject to change.

I would suggest as this is a much newer screen to the Samsung and it as such has a much better Contrast ratio and superior sound, this would be the closest alternative that I will have. The Philips has an MPEG4 as standard also.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks Dave.

It's interesting that it's not on your system. AFAIK, it was only released in June.

Anyways, not to worry. Thanks for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

dave. Do philips measure contrast ratio different looks to have a lower ratio. Also missing a hdmi slot along with the ability to play
    back video from usb. Do you think the euro model will allow for this. Or do they leave these feature out of the entry model on purpose. Must have a look at it when it comes in.

Hi Ted.

It may feature on it, but normally they reserve this for the higher spec screens.

The problem at the minute is that you either buy a screen for performance or sometimes you buy it for features. It's nice to get both if you can, but it's not always possible within a budget.

I personally bought a screen that was the best that I could afford at the time and since then have added other gadgets to give me the functionality that I need. You end up with a much better combination at he end of the day and it doesn't have to cost the earth. Media streamers are not expensive these days, but the decision is up to the individual.

Rant over !

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

cheers dave. I've a media player that'll play from an external hard drive. Must admit i really like the look of the new apple tv. Paired up with a good tv and an american i tunes account it'd be the biz.

• Advertisement

Hi Ted.

I like the look of it too, but I don't like the restrictions.

Typical.

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.