Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use two broadband routers from 1 telephone line?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I have my router next to my PC but it is a crap part of the house to give me wireless upstairs. QUESTION 1 Is it possible for me to have a second router coming from the same telephone line to use just for the wireless?
    I happen to have a 2nd router sitting there, so no costs involved. (it is not an option to run a really long ethernet cable to my PC, which would be the ideal solution).
    Question 2 If I do this, does it halve the line speed to my wireless router when my PC router is turned on? and vice versa. Question 3 Or does this happen anyway when two peole are logged on to my existing modem (1 by ethernet and 1 by wireless)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Q1
    Q2 see Q1
    Q3 see Q1

You can connect one router to the other via an ethernet cable (or via wireless depending on the make/model of the routers) but only one router can connect to the phone line.

Advertisement