Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've started "Starting Strength"

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Friday's workout got moved to today because of mammy commitments ...

So

Squat
    5x20, 5x40, SET x55
    Bench Press 5x20, SET x27.5
    Deadlift Instead of doing my regular set I wanted to check out my 1RM so.....<drumroll please>, 5x50, 3x60, 1x70, 1x80,1x85, 1x90...and she walks away with a big smile (well of course not, first I tidied up all my plates...) Very pleased, my first bwx1.5 lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Friday's workout got moved to today because of mammy commitments ...

So

Squat
    5x20, 5x40, SET x55
    Bench Press 5x20, SET x27.5
    Deadlift Instead of doing my regular set I wanted to check out my 1RM so.....<drumroll please>, 5x50, 3x60, 1x70, 1x80,1x85, 1x90...and she walks away with a big smile (well of course not, first I tidied up all my plates...) Very pleased, my first bwx1.5 lift.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It was a disgrace....not one person stopped & applauded :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Very pleased, my first bwx1.5 lift.

Excellent..good stuff!! Jeez that really didn't take ya long at all..onwards and upwards:)

gymfreak wrote: »
    Excellent..good stuff!! Jeez that really didn't take ya long at all..onwards and upwards:)

Just finished my 7th week of SS. I'm away on holidays on Tuesday now have 1 more workout before I go, so not more deadlifts until Weds 3rd...I'll see if I can do 75 x 5 then.

• Advertisement

Last pre-holiday workout :)

Squats - 5x20, 5x40, SET x 55
    Overhead Press - 5x15, SET x18 (complete with trembling, nearly dropping barbell on head effort!)
    Assisted Chin-up- 5x-30, SET x -27.5 :D Failed on last rep of last set but still chuffed...would be interested in testing my 1RM on these

Also did 3x10 tricep thingies with a 10kg weight.

Funny story - as I was finishing a (tasty :D) guy arrived and started doing all this mobility work, very impressive, mad walking while squatting, like he was about to do that Russian dance! So thought to myself wow I'm going to hang around check out his squats, bet they're atg (hence my tricep work). So he loads up 80kg, psychs himself up and.........dip! I swear to God, I've seen puddles deeper. Pffft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Funny story - as I was finishing a (tasty :D) guy arrived and started doing all this mobility work, very impressive, mad walking while squatting, like he was about to do that Russian dance! So thought to myself wow I'm going to hang around check out his squats, bet they're atg (hence my tricep work). So he loads up 80kg, psychs himself up and.........dip! I swear to God, I've seen puddles deeper. Pffft!
    Hahahaha:p

Morning all <waves>
    Back from a lovely holiday where the only lifting I did was glasses of Rioja :D
    Weight is up, not surprisingly...but back on track with diet so hopefully will be back down to normal soon.

Squats 5x20, 5x40, set x 50 (yeah wussed out, was up to 55 before my 1.5 week break)
    Bench Press 5x20, 5x25, set x 27.5
    Dead Lift 5x50, 3x70, 5x75 :D An extra 5kg on my 5 reps.

Forgot to do my stretches so will prob be sore tomorrow.

Squats- 5x20, 5x40, set x 55kg. Felt good, will try to add another 2.5kg next time
    Overhead Press-5x15, SET x 18kg, still giving these my all so not sure when I'll be able to move up on these
    Chin_ups Disastrous. Had to keep adjusting the weights.
    4x-26.25, 5x-27.5, 4x-27.5, 5x-30 :mad:

And then because I really want to get back race fit I did 2km on the tm at 10kph/1% gradient. Struggled, but hopefully my cardio lungs will return!

Makes pretty boring reading compared to the I.P'ers logs

Squats 5x20, 5x40, set x 55
    Bench Press 5x20, 5x25, set x 27.5
    Dead Lift 5x50, 3x70, 3x77.5 to fail :mad:

and a 2.5km tm run at 10kph/1% gradient.

• Advertisement

Skipped Friday cos I was wrecked tired & sore throat

Squats - 5x20, 5x40, set x 55
    Overhead press - set x18
    Assisted Chin up - 5x-37.5, 5x-32.5, 5x-27.5, 3 x very strained attempts at -25

3km TM run at 9.5kph, 1% gradient

Squats annoyed to find the neck protector has been ripped in half :mad: anyways , 5x20,5x40, set x55
    Bench Press set x27.5
    Deadlift 5x50, 3x70, 5x77.5 (yay, an extra 2.3kg on)

wrecked after that so only a 1.5km run on tm, 9kmph, 1% gradient.

It was such a crisp sunny morning I ditched the gym and went out for a run instead. 3.8km in 24mins. 8 days to my first race since the Summer.

Advertisement