Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a bank account for my day to day banking needs

Options
  • 06-09-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've just moved back to Ireland after 12 years in the UK, I have a BoI account from before I left but I don't like their online service.

I'd like an account that easy to use, like my uk nationwide account, low charges, easy to make payments to credit cards, utility bills, personal transfers etc.

All suggestions welcome.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I strongly recommend PTSB. They have a good online payment system.

PTSB will also give you credit interest and free banking. Ensure you get their 'switch' account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 love porter

PTSB or Ulster Bank

Both offer free banking

Ulster have same day payments to their credit cards and have also got the visa debit card, of which you are probably used to from the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I recommend ulster bank, been with them for years and they are great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭funnyname

Thanks for the suggestions, do the Irish banks use a card reader to process online transactions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭jaceq

funnyname wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions, do the Irish banks use a card reader to process online transactions?

Ulster bank does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

With UB it's only for the initial set up, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭funnyname

BuffyBot wrote: »
    With UB it's only for the initial set up, however.

That's good, nationwide uk makes you use it every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Gav.80

Ulster Bank seem to be the best, I have just moved over from Bank Of Ireland, coz of loads of hidden charges, got a letter from bank of ireland today to say they made a mistake while closing my account so I have to pay them 12 euro in admin fees, for their mistake, will never use them again:mad:

Advertisement