Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84 / 84x

Options
  • 06-09-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Anybody have a rough guesstimate of the journey time for 84 or 84x to Whites Cross in the mornings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

84x approx 40/50 mins .. except this morning, it would ahve been longer
    Not sure of the 84 as I never get it, it goes round the whole world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Merrilady wrote: »
    84x approx 40/50 mins .. except this morning, it would ahve been longer
    Not sure of the 84 as I never get it, it goes round the whole world

This morning was dreadful alright. Took about 25 minutes to get on to the N11 from the Southern Cross Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

The route times are a changing with the 46a/145/84/10 from Sep 19th (subject to change) so keep an eye on the timetable.

Did they implement the frequent service to cherrywood or did they leave it at the brooooootal service we have now so peeps can go to UCD :D

I couldnt find any info on the Dublin Bus website, any ideas of the planned changes ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Did they implement the frequent service to cherrywood or did they leave it at the brooooootal service we have now so peeps can go to UCD :D

I couldnt find any info on the Dublin Bus website, any ideas of the planned changes ?

Thanks
    The changes for the 84 service was that it was meant to terminate and cherrywood and change its frequency to every half hour. The members of Greystones Town Council who attend UCD then complained about this so it will terminate at UCD but only be every hour

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

but it will now go into Cherrywood also, so not only does it remain infrequent, but its now even more meandering than it was before. Another victory for local politics.

Because Bray depot has no fuel all 84s will continue to Donnybrook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    The changes for the 84 service was that it was meant to terminate and cherrywood and change its frequency to every half hour. The members of Greystones Town Council who attend UCD then complained about this so it will terminate at UCD but only be every hour
    Kids and politics eh?

Then again, self serving politics is pretty much what it's all about anyway.

I cant belive it, really ????

We were so close to getting a first rate public transport link :mad:

Gggrrrrrr waht a bunch of lang*rs - It drives me mad.

If you live in Eden Gate and you want to leave your car at home and maybe go for a drink in the area or outside the area, its such a hassle.

Rant, rant, rant, rant :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Pressure your local TD, the residents of Loughlinstown kept their 111 after similar actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

That's the worst thing about the 84x actually. That whole UCD crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Agreed, it's such a pleasant journey until the college starts back.
    Hah, yeah right. You can hardly blame people who need travel to college. DB needs to up the frequency of the buses instead. All it would take is maybe one more bus that gets into UCD for about 8.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

It's annoying how the last 84x in to town leaves at 8:05. Wish there was another one soon after this.

Back to the UCD thing for a second, what's with their desire to constantly remind everyone where they go to college? The amount of UCD hoodies/tshirts/etc I see is unreal. My college never clothed me back in the day.

Sadly you need the student numbers to keep the schedule intact.

Maybe so, but I'm on such an early bus, there is hardly anyone from the area getting off at UCD - peeps getting off there have gotten on on the Dual carraigeway

Anyhooooo there is a thread on the Wicklow forum about the new timetables, but to be honest I'm still very confused :rolleyes:

I'm sure we will all get updated inof in our letterboxes hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Maybe so, but I'm on such an early bus, there is hardly anyone from the area getting off at UCD - peeps getting off there have gotten on on the Dual carraigeway

Anyhooooo there is a thread on the Wicklow forum about the new timetables, but to be honest I'm still very confused :rolleyes:

Your losing the Newtown trip also the 1200CC, 1935 and 2010 from Kilcoole.

The rest remains the same........... Maybe a grumpier driver or 3 as 13hrs days are implemented!

what are you confused about? The new timetables are available online

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Wicklow thread had me confused rather than the timetable, when I was reading the thread I couldnt access the DB website.

Its all much clearer this morning ... thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 electric warrior

why does the 84 terminate at UCD now, alot of people need to go into the city. seems preety stupid to me, didnt the 84 always stop at UCD anyway

Its your turn now! They were abusing the users of the 47 with the same thing for the last couple of years, now they goto town your way.

On another note be aware that the last few 84 dont go into UCD, they start from the abandoned hotel.

maybe they should relocate this "UCD" to the city centre?
    i never thought they would make it harder to get a bus from greystones/kilcole into town

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it goes by Greystones and Bray stations from which there are regular services into town, and you can also change onto the 145 and 46a services on the Stillorgan Rd. Only a masochist would want to take the 84 all the way into town via Bray Station, Cherrywood, Stillorgan Village and Belfield...

loyatemu wrote: »
    it goes by Greystones and Bray stations from which there are regular services into town, and you can also change onto the 145 and 46a services on the Stillorgan Rd. Only a masochist would want to take the 84 all the way into town via Bray Station, Cherrywood, Stillorgan Village and Belfield...

id prefer it than having to pay 2 seperate fares and having to wait on 2 buses rather than 1

id prefer it than having to pay 2 seperate fares and having to wait on 2 buses rather than 1
    if you buy 10 journey tickets you don't have to pay 2 separate fares. You can get off and hop onto another bus within 90 minutes and it counts as one journey

Terry Pratchet

Just thought I'd point out - the first stop from the city centre for the 84x is changing on Monday - it will be d'olier street and no longer the quays.

Also there are rumours going around that the 84 service may be changed a lot - possibly running it to blackrock instead of UCD and also maybe splitting into an 84 running Bray to blackrock and an 84a running kilcoole or castle to Bray - this is something that Sinn Fein councillors in Bray but I don't know how reliable the information is.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

Take note while it sits on Dolier st, it fills up rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

The times are slightly earlier too, as I found out yesterday. Ah well, another excuse to shave a couple of minutes off my working day. I can't complain with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ashmac

I get this every day. I used to get it in the mid 90's and from main st greystones to stephens green was less than an hour!! now its 1 and 10/20 mins. My beef is..why does it stop at every fricken stop on the N11 when there are millions of other busses to choose from? Even to stop stopping :D after the foxrock stop would make it a bit faster? except at UCD of course. I understand they have to go to college but please shut the fcuk up at 7.30 in the AM talking Sh*te in ross o carroll kelly accents!! Thanks!

Advertisement