Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb cap....

• 06-09-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi, i got a new computer on the 1st of September, and since ive got it i have been installing games via steam/WoW anyways since the 1st september-yesterday i managed to use my 30GB cap so now im stuck on dialup speed :(

I phoned them asking for any advice and they said to update my package which would cost an extra 10 euro per month and i asked about the contract but im only 5 months into it, i changed from Smart so far its the biggest mistake of my life:eek:, anyways can anybody give me some real advice because the connection speed atm is unusable.

The sales rep mentioned everything else except the usage cap :( so, if you do download/ play games id advise you not to switch to digiweb.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

30Gbyte is plenty for 90% of people. For legal usage watching video is more a problem.

didn't you check your http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie regularly?

If you cut back it will resume normal speed when traffic for the last 30days is under 80%.

It's at least twice the highest dialup and minimum Mobile speed you are throttled to. If you have p2p software disable it all and change settings when you have full speed back so it doesn't eat all your Traffic (up + down).

Unlike other ISPs, Digiweb cap is VERY clear on all their web sales pages and on http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie for each package.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Giz1007

There does seem to be something odd with the traffic profiling on digiweb.
    The usage figures for yesterday 5th Sept, are showing 200% of my normal usage, most I have ever downloaded/uploaded in a day is 3gb and the system is telling me 6gb and I know I didn't download anything of significance.

Anyone else using digiweb showing a higher than normal spike in usage over the weekend?

No.
    126717.gif

Check you don't have any evil parasites installed.

Tools:
    www.silentrunners.org
    gmer (" all your root kits belong us!") Google

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Here is my usage since i got my new computer, as you can see ive not really used it today, how long do i have to wait untill i go under the cap if i dont use it(note my thingys are so high cause i got a new PC and ive been installing games)

Maybe six days...

You went mad 5 days ago and it will take 25 days for the 9G peak to fall off :(

• Advertisement

Damnn :(, any idea what would happen if i wanted to cancel the contract, would that be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

Don't mean to highjack the tread but considering getting Digiweb as my ISP.

Since you all are on it, wanted to know what packs (Wireless or DSL & speed ) you are on and what actual D/L speeds you were getting?

Gorgo

Well i got he 4mb package i think, and most of the time speedtest.net says ive got 6-7 mb, ive got a wire running from the wireless box to my pc tho, you have unlimited download but, you have 30gb bandwith usage thingy which for me is wayy to low :<, and if you go over it you get set to dialup untill you go under the cap, ive used like uhm 50mb everyday for the past 5 days but my connection is still boned,

So if you are going to game/download avoid digiweb :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

GarethBah wrote: »
    Well i got he 4mb package i think, and most of the time speedtest.net says ive got 6-7 mb, ive got a wire running from the wireless box to my pc tho, you have unlimited download but, you have 30gb bandwith usage thingy which for me is wayy to low :<, and if you go over it you get set to dialup untill you go under the cap, ive used like uhm 50mb everyday for the past 5 days but my connection is still boned,

Seeing they own Smart Telecom as well now, it's the same situation with the cap and throttling.

Don't go there!

Has smart started to use the cap now also :-l?, i planned on moiving back to them after the contract expired

• Advertisement

Smart belatedly brought in a Cap before they went bust and Digiweb took over remnants.

GarethBah wrote: »
    That's nonsense.
    Everyone has a cap. A few are bigger (UPC) and one very big (Magnet).

Some claim to be unlimited and have the same or less caps that Digiweb.

Advertisement