Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this an indication of the rest of their business?

• 06-09-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I was trying out of curiosity more than anything to see if I could get broadband from Smart on my phone line. However the number checker on their website appears to be, well, broken! Is this an indication of how the rest of their service is going to be?

This is the link in question, put in my number including area code and no spaces as requested.

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/line_checker.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It uses an eircom database.
    My phone number won't work as it's not on eircom copper.

Anyhow Smart is now owned by Digiweb and various services are possibly being migrated from Citywest to Blanchardstown. So it's probably disconnected for now.

Or it could be Eircom that's broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Thanks watty, are smart one of the few providers that have their own equipment in some exchanges, hence they can offer higher speeds than eircon, etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Smart and Magnet and BT BUSINESS and Homevision (in Dublin only) are the ones with their own gear, generally in the same large exchanges but the odd exchange has only one or two of them.

Advertisement