Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

94 celica kit?

• 06-09-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

hi,ive tried ebay and tried the web but bodykits for my celica seem rare,anyone know where i can pick one up handy second hand anywhere in ireland??im in munster btw,thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Save the money and put it towards a newer, better car... or a GT4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved to modified cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 feikennyw

if i could afford a gt4 i would so thats why im looking for a kit at handy money if theres one out there but thanks anyway

steve06 wrote: »
    Save the money and put it towards a newer, better car... or a GT4.

What car would you advise over a tidy 1994 / 1995 Celica with the 3SGE engine, they are about 170bhp, are non interference, most come with ABS and aircon. Look quite fantastic I reckon. I'm curious to know what you consider is a newer, better car. When I had mine (she had the superstrut suspension, LSD and a close ratio box with TRD quickshift) manies the numpty in a newer & "better" car was left wondering wtf ;)

2007_0610Celica_claybarred0010.jpg
    2007_0610Celica_claybarred0008.jpg
    2007_0610Celica_claybarred0004.jpg

2007_0602Accent0002.jpg

RoverJames wrote: »
    What car would you advise over a tidy 1994 / 1995 Celica with the 3SGE engine, they are about 170bhp, are non interference, most come with ABS and aircon. Look quite fantastic I reckon. I'm curious to know what you consider is a newer, better car. When I had mine (she had the superstrut suspension, LSD and a close ratio box with TRD quickshift) manies the numpty in a newer & "better" car was left wondering wtf ;)

He's looking to tart up his car to look like a GT4... If he keeps his money and sells his current car he could probably get a GT4. I have no issues with the Celica because they are great cars, but wasting money on body kits isn't worth it. What about a 200SX or maybe this?

• Advertisement

I never mentioned a gt4 or kit to make it look like a gt4,I'm looking for a kit......any kit,whether u like modified cars or not is your own business,fir the record I had an mr2 and swopped it because I need the space so I just want a few simple mods because it can look better than it does standard.......simple question I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

The only ones I'm aware of are ones I've seen fitted to car for sale on piston heads which seem to have been fitted before import,
    a lot of the time in the ads it will just say 'aftermarket body kit' instead of any one company

one from a company called Varis - with a sort of porsche 911 style wing

1932652-2.jpg

TRD kit that I taught looked great

izc2dl.jpg

vdz9zn.jpg

Another TRD one

2ymfv4m.jpg

I think side skirts and spats go a long way on a Celica, that along with some de-badging and a proper polish to bring back some life to the paint work

I've seen a red one on donedeal that has a fairly poor quality bodykit which looks fairly terrible and tacky - I think the owners had changed the engine in it too, either way fairly dodgy

can't remember if that GT-4 that was for sale down in little island had a veilside kit, I think it had a sticker for one on the side. All I remember about that car was the rust around where the spoiler meets the body and the supposed 90k miles.

Nice one man appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

<Mod Snip> Feel free to pimp your car via PM

Try these 2 sites:

http://www.celica-club.co.uk

http://celicaireland.com

It's pretty hard to get a kit for a celica, and some are very expensive but sometimes they do group buys or you might be able to get them off lads breaking the cars on these sites.

I'm a member on both.

• Advertisement
Advertisement