Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Call of Duty: Black Ops 2] Where to Purchase?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I am just wondering is there anywhere here or online to pre order/purchase the presstege edition of black ops, cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

try play.com but with the rc car they may not ship it overseas as its an electronic product, otherwise try Game, most places are already sold out of it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I pre-ordered my copy (Prestige Edition) in Xtra Vision, Knocklyon, D16.

KNOCKLYON SHOPPING CENTRE
    KNOCKLYON
    DUBLIN 16
    COUNTY DUBLIN

Phone Number: 014935272
    Opening Times: 10:00-22:00 Mon-Sat, 12:00-22:00 Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I heard gamestop are the only ones stocking it again but obviously this isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,322 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

play.com dont have them

majority of xtra visions are sold out of them

any other sites that may have them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Big Baby Jaysus

Thanks for the reply's lads!

• Advertisement

Enigma IE wrote: »
    I pre-ordered my copy (Prestige Edition) in Xtra Vision, Knocklyon, D16.
    Is it still a 5er to pre order or do u have to pay more? and do you know how much it costs for the prestege edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Is it still a 5er to pre order or do u have to pay more? and do you know how much it costs for the prestege edition?

I just put down €5 as a deposit. I asked the guy about the price difference between Prestige Edition and regular, he wasn't sure though. He said if I didn't want the Prestige Edition, I could just opt for the regular on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

They have it in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

HMV won't let you add it to your shopping basket.When you try it just says "Sorry but this item can only be supplied to a UK biling address"
    Game.co.uk will , but they'll charge you £2.95 for shipping to Europe;)

HMV won't let you add it to your shopping basket.When you try it just says "Sorry but this item can only be supplied to a UK biling address"

with game do you have to pay straight up or do they take your money when its shipped ?

• Advertisement

You're charged just before the games release.This is what it says on the site.
    Note: The price quoted for a preorder title is the anticipated retail selling price at the time of release. Should the price be reduced you will be charged the lower price at the time of your order being dispatched. Should the price increase - you will not pay any more! Money is taken just prior to release.

You're charged just before the games release.This is what it says on the site.

wont post to ireland either :(

Headshot wrote: »
    wont post to ireland either :(

MUCK!

Its cos of the car, tis an electronic product so play, zavvi,game etc wont ship it. Hardened edition ftw!

I tought they did, a lot of people on here got the MW2 prestige one there last year, link to thread
    have mine pre ordered from hmv.co.uk to deliver to cork and there was no problem, cost 119.99 pounds and 27 pounds for express shipping which works out to about 165 euro, just a little bit more than gamestop...

Ive seen MW2 prestige edition in HMV for 50euro 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Are you sure that was the Prestige Edition you booked in Xtravision? and not the Hardened? Unless they started taking them in the last few days.

jenno86 wrote: »
    Are you sure that was the Prestige Edition you booked in Xtravision? and not the Hardened? Unless they started taking them in the last few days.

The prestige edition is up on the xtravision website.

Headshot wrote: »
    [Game.co.uk] wont post to ireland either :(
    I dunno,it seemed to work for me or am I wrong:confused:

I dunno,it seemed to work for me or am I wrong:confused:

thats strange

Im also a tipp man and we dont have postal codes down here, so what post code did you put in ?

I rang them up and they told me they wont ship this product to ireland

I put in the 5 fullstops eg "....." lol,anything I ordered from them before has arrived,hopefully I won't have jinxed it:D

• Advertisement

I put in the 5 fullstops eg "....." lol,anything I ordered from them before has arrived,hopefully I won't have jinxed it:D

did that and my order went through

cross your fingers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Think the Hardened Edition for me...

Slightly hipocritical of me to debass the RCC and then get the toy one myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

I didn't pre-book the P.E. of MW2, but phoned Gamestop on the day of release to ask about cancellations. At least two were available.

A friend of mine recently pre-booked the P.E. of Black Ops. Now it seems he is more likely to take the Hardened Edition. I imagine others will follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

anyone know where you can get the Hardened edition?? i dont want prestige, just hardened, but can only find it in amazon.co.uk but its GBP£67 and delivery another 15 or 20, works out very expensive i wanted hardened edition on day release :(

Nodferatu wrote: »
    anyone know where you can get the Hardened edition?? i dont want prestige, just hardened, but can only find it in amazon.co.uk but its GBP£67 and delivery another 15 or 20, works out very expensive i wanted hardened edition on day release :(

Just walk into Tesco release day.

i found out today, just go into your local Gamestop, they will have hardened edition why bother get prestige? whats the point in paying a ****load more just to have a remote controlled car? will you really be playing with the car spending hours with it?? ...no didn't think so. you will all be stuck in black ops the moment you come home with the game

i found out today, just go into your local Gamestop, they will have hardened edition why bother get prestige? whats the point in paying a ****load more just to have a remote controlled car? will you really be playing with the car spending hours with it?? ...no didn't think so. you will all be stuck in black ops the moment you come home with the game

true - and what if the game is sh*te!? It will be a bigger waste of money then.

I'm not convinced its going to be all things to all men.. that's what I'm keeping MW2 just in case

everlast75 wrote: »
    true - and what if the game is sh*te!? It will be a bigger waste of money then.

I'm not convinced its going to be all things to all men.. that's what I'm keeping MW2 just in case

possible but i very much doubt it, i have been a fan of cod for a long long time and i actually think treyarch did a better job with waw than infinity ward did with mw2 i hate mw2, just my opinion. plus, all the game magazines that have gone to treyarch's headquarters and written up a preview about their hands on gameplay experience have said nothing but glorious things about it, i been looking forward to this game since it was first rumored. i will be getting it on release day. am buying the hardened edition because it includes 4 bonus coop maps or something and the limited edition medal looks cool too. :D

possible but i very much doubt it, i have been a fan of cod for a long long time and i actually think treyarch did a better job with waw than infinity ward did with mw2 i hate mw2, just my opinion. plus, all the game magazines that have gone to treyarch's headquarters and written up a preview about their hands on gameplay experience have said nothing but glorious things about it, i been looking forward to this game since it was first rumored. i will be getting it on release day. am buying the hardened edition because it includes 4 bonus coop maps or something and the limited edition medal looks cool too. :D

Don't get me wrong - I will be buying the hardened edition too; just cannot justify the extra bob for the prestige edition.

I have not played (online) any of the prequels to MW2 and therefore will have to bow to your superior knowledge on them.. here's hoping you're right ;)

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong - I will be buying the hardened edition too; just cannot justify the extra bob for the prestige edition.

I have not played (online) any of the prequels to MW2 and therefore will have to bow to your superior knowledge on them.. here's hoping you're right ;)

thats what im saying i cant justify anyone paying for prestige when the car is obviously gonna be left in a corner. its stupid expensive, however i pre ordered hardened in gamestop other day its gonna be around €79.99 the guy in the shop said,

if you haven't played previous cod's you HAVE to buy modern warfare 1 (COD4). its way better than mw2, and its platinum now so you can pick up for quite cheap. my personal fave is waw im always playing it online and i love nazi zombies, im gonna buy mw1 again as i sold it to get mw2, which i REALLY regret doing. see you online :)

Advertisement