Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MTB trails in Limerick East/West Tipp

• 06-09-2010 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi everyone, I'm looking for trails on the limerick/ tpperary border. I've done the ballyhouras...They are great and all but I'm tired of them.They have kept me going for a while but I need something new at least 10 k.Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

hi everyone, I'm looking for trails on the limerick/ tipperary border. I've done the ballyhouras...They are great and all but I'm tired of them.They have kept me going for a while but I need something new at least 10 k.Any suggestions?

Hi Massey. Myself and a few lads have done a bit around The Glen of Aherlow. Like yourself we wanted a break from the Ballyhouras. Not sure exactly the distance but is easily over 10km. Most is old forrest roads with grass and gravel and just last night we done some good single track. We will probably be going there again wednesday evening if you want to come along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 massey133

Is that Rock an Torabh? a friend of mine mentioned it a while back.Sorry, id like to go but im not around

Is that Rock an Torabh?

Yeah thats a part of it alright. We usually start from the carpark at Aherlow House (for security) and go up behind aherlow house and do a few loops there and then to rock an torbh. from there we go down by christ the king and hit the singletrack from there. Its a good spin alright. If you ever want to head out just post here or pm me.

ya..no bother. il try it someday.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

kakee wrote: »
    Yeah thats a part of it alright. We usually start from the carpark at Aherlow House (for security) and go up behind aherlow house and do a few loops there and then to rock an torbh. from there we go down by christ the king and hit the singletrack from there. Its a good spin alright. If you ever want to head out just post here or pm me.

You got a map of the route ya do by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 andysheehan2003

hi massey133,
    there is some good trails around ballycuggran forset in killaloe also, it was even a venue for a round of the national xc champs back in june. some great singletrack around the forest. trail is around 5-6k in length but you can could go exploring there and spent a few hours there if you wanted. if you post on the mbul forum the guys there will give you a map of killaloe and some other local trails.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Heard of a track down the side of Slievenamon. anyone ever do it? where do you park for it.

thanks Andy, Il try them

You got a map of the route ya do by any chance?

Sorry I don't have a map but I saw a link to one somewhere before on the net if I find it I will post it here later. If you wish you can come with us just post here or pm me. We are only new to all this so the more the merrier.

http://www.esatclear.ie/~rdrohan/mtb/maps/Slievenamuck.jpg

Thats a map of the area around rock an toarbh. I think the best thing is to just hop on the bike and explore the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement