Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Froyo now available on o2 locked phones (edit: not yet it seems! edit2: now it is!)

• 06-09-2010 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Finally they've released froyo on the o2 branded phones. Intalling mine as we speak. Took long enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

On which model phones? HTC Desire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

The desire, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Jaysus, I debranded yesterday, spending 15 euro on an SD card in the process, that's unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Will downloading and installing this affect the fact I rooted last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

basquille wrote: »
    Will downloading and installing this affect the fact I rooted last week?

If you want to keep root and upgrade to 2.2, install a rooted 2.2 from XDA or wherever.
    If you want "stock" 2.2, and you are on o2 2.1, you need to debrand and flash a stock 2.1 or 2.2 rom.
    If you want to go with stock 2.2 from o2, you should update as you are (assuming you are on o2 2.1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I like the fact ya can sync Twitter to the contact list now. That's something I was lookin for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

nereid wrote: »
    If you want to keep root and upgrade to 2.2, install a rooted 2.2 from XDA or wherever.
    That'll do me nereid.

Ta!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

basquille wrote: »
    That'll do me nereid.

Ta!

You may need to debrand before installing a new ROM. I had mine rooted while still on o2 firmware, and had to debrand (goldcard etc) to go to 2.1 official or anything else. The 2.1 wouldn't install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

How do you install it? I went to system software updates but said there was none available. Have a stock o2 desire. Last system update was a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Same here still waiting for the update too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Seems the Froyo update for o2 customers in the UK was causing the phone to freeze resulting in o2 pulling the update.

Full story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ah feck, just came across this thread and thought I'd have the update this evening. Was going to try to root the phone yesterday but didn't chance it. Might just wait as it should be back up this week sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

O2_Sheena 10-09-2010 01:49 PM

O2 IRL has released 2.2 and we are not withdrawing it (unless the same issues arise here).

It started being rolled out last Tuesday but these kinds of updates are rolled out over the course of a week to all customers so the server doesn't crash.

If you keep checking in Settings - About Phone - Check For Updates, you should have it very soon :smileyhappy:

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/HTC/HTC-Desire-and-Android-Froyo-2-2/td-p/106783/page/7

Finally! .....still havent got it myself mind :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

not got it myself yet either but here's hoping they don't add a load of o2 nonsense to it!

Anybody get it yet, still not showing up for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

CombatCow wrote: »
    Anybody get it yet, still not showing up for me...
    still not showing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

No sign of it yet for me. Was wondering whether it is because I am using a meteor sim in an unlocked O2 phone? Would that make a difference?

Im not sure about that WeleaseWoderick

Anyway a lot of people still havent got it either, some people are suspecting it's because the android system info show's the "brand" as O2_DE

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/HTC/HTC-Desire-and-Android-Froyo-2-2/td-p/106783/page/8

Dunno wtf is going on to be honest.

I've been trying to search for update a few times a day and still nothing. Bloody O2

Just announced on the O2 forum:
    Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in getting a response on this but we have just been informed that the Froyo update pull in the UK has also affected our update. It was pulled a bit later here hence some customers were able to get Froyo in the first few days but for now it is not available.

As soon as I hear anything further I will let you know.

So it was all bull about them releasing the update over the course of a week Just seemed to be buying themselves more time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Any word when Froyo will be available for Xperia X10?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

This is terrible from o2, so glad I debranded now.

uugh yeah, at this stage id pay someone to debrand for me, I CBA doing it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

So it isn't released yet? If I buy a Desire today from Meteor etc, it can't HD record or be a wi-fi hotspot? and it's slower than it should be?

I'd love Android to be like iOS*

*in so far as they release they're software updates universally in one go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

So it isn't released yet? If I buy a Desire today from Meteor etc, it can't HD record or be a wi-fi hotspot? and it's slower than it should be?

I'd love Android to be like iOS*

*in so far as they release they're software updates universally in one go.

Meteor are unbranded and therefore get the upgrades earlier. They are on 2.2 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

froyo is being offered from o2 again. check your updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

emo72 wrote: »

Thank you - I just found my update now. About bloody time.

Cheers. Have just checked and the update is now available for me. Will download when I get home to the wifi connection.

ok I may have messed things up for myself. Once the download is complete it verify's the download then it asks me to install. It says the update is 2.14.207.1 and is 87.21mb.

I click install now. - It is backing up data and settings then turns off

Next I have a boot loader screen with the following options:
    Bootloader
    Reboot
    Reboot bootloader
    power down

I try reboot; it turns off and on again

It then tells me after a few seconds "update is corrupted" and wants to download again.

I removed all files from the SD card and tried again and it still went into this bootloader screen

• Advertisement

Sniipe wrote: »
    ok I may have messed things up for myself. Once the download is complete it verify's the download then it asks me to install. It says the update is 2.14.207.1 and is 87.21mb.

I click install now. - It is backing up data and settings then turns off

Next I have a boot loader screen with the following options:
    Bootloader
    Reboot
    Reboot bootloader
    power down

I try reboot; it turns off and on again

It then tells me after a few seconds "update is corrupted" and wants to download again.

Hey sniipe, just done it myself. Basically I just downloaded the update and it did everything itself. I went for a walk and when it came back it was finished.

The only advice I can offer is to leave it a while and see if it does it itself.

If not just see what google offers up.

I am now running 2.2 software number 2.14.207.1

I gave it a good while and still no joy; I even did a hard reset.

Sorry sniipe, I don't know enough about this to help you out. Maybe pamg can help you out.

I have an o2 branded desire, unlocked and using a tesco sim.

Updated to 2.2 yesterday. All good apart from losing my APN settings. Does anyone have the APN settings for meteor data and mms, please?

I'm still stuck on 2.1. Perhaps my bootloader is stuck? Is there any way I can remove it?

When it tries to update it turns the phone off and I get the following:
    BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-0.8.0000
    MICROP-031d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNW0101
    RADIO-4.06.00.02_2
    Mar 29 2010,21:34:33

FASTBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER
    REBOOT
    REBOOT BOOTLOADER
    POWER DOWN

I ran unrevoked and I've gotten a bit further. I now even have superuser, but still stuck on 2.1

• Advertisement

I got another bit further. With unrevoked it came with a boot loader of its own and allows me to install ROM's. So I tried to install the offical ROM RUU (the WWE version).

It was unverified so it wouldn't install. So I turned verification off and it installed. But that was probably a mistake? So whats happening now is that any time I go into the marketplace and download an app and install the whole phone reboots.

Any ideas?

Can't believe you're still struggling with this! I know it's a pita, and phones shouldn't be this hard.

interesting - a factory reset did the job. so it seems

Sniipe wrote: »
    interesting - a factory reset did the job. so it seems

before i ran the upgrade software, it did say one of the things it would do is a a factory reset and that i wouldnt lose any settings or saved data.

anyway your sorted now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Fruit1985

Just started a thread in the main forum about tethering with Froyo. Is everyone aware of the absurd costs if you start using this?

• Advertisement

This has been the case since well before froyo was released ( usb tethering ), It's just froyo added the WiFi hotspot feature. it is a joke I agree with you there. I guess they do it because no one would buy their usb broadband dangle package otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Fruit1985 wrote: »
    Just started a thread in the main forum about tethering with Froyo. Is everyone aware of the absurd costs if you start using this?

I dont think all operators charge for this "extra" do they??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

That is an old post. You can now tether with your included data allowance on the newer advance plans, so there is no extra cost unless you want a greater allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

Upgraded to 2.2 and when it rebooted Marketplace had disappeared from the apps list (and my home screen). Factory reset fixed it but it reset to 2.2, not 2.1. Anyway, just mentioning it in case this happens to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭powerstar

Got it mine yesterday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

It still says no updates for me?

All I'm doing is :

Settings > about > system updates

And it tells me I'm up to date, but I'm running 2.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Fruit1985 wrote: »

I'm fairly sure that's just with the iphone. There's no way of telling what kind of data is going through android.

PlayGirl wrote: »
    It still says no updates for me?

All I'm doing is :

Settings > about > system updates

And it tells me I'm up to date, but I'm running 2.1

anyone? its still saying no updates

PlayGirl wrote: »
    anyone? its still saying no updates

okay playgirl, give us some info. what phone, what network, unlocked,rooted?

okay playgirl, give us some info. what phone, what network, unlocked,rooted?

Htc desire locked to o2 not rooted

• Advertisement
Advertisement