Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumble in Rush 5 February 26th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

naw man ... higgins gona knock this dude out cold!

Neil knocked last opponent out cold so we'll see. :)

will be good

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

I've had the pleasure of training with neil and the other Rush lads for this fight and I really can't see neil being knocked out at all he's a beast in training and can hold his own with anyone. Should be a good fight!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

cowzerp wrote: »
    John Donnelly Team Ryano (Ireland) V Dustin West (USA) 77kg

C class Match ups
    Neil Ward Rush FA V James Higgins PCCB 61kg

Paul Hamill Ryoshin Lucan V Vinny De Ruscio Fit to fight 73kg

Darah Harte Rush FA V Tommy Collins Middleton MMA 73kg

Ciaran Kearney Ryoshin Lucan v Jarek Sowinski Middleton MMA 77kg

Conor Walsh Rush FA V Kristoph Plona Ryoshin Lucan 84kg

Paul o' Carney Ryoshin Lucan v Aarron Wogan Legends 93kg

Idruss Anilimashaun Shika v Dean dalton Legends 66kg

Aaron Skelly Rush FA V Conor Duffy Fit to fight 77kg

Zbigniew Hormanski V Tadhg dixon Legends MMA 93kg+

Michael O' Donohue
    Rush FA v Chris Shannon PCCB 57kg

Amateur fight

Stephen Doyle PMA v Leigh Desmond Middleton MMA 84kg
    Everyone highlighted there im fairly sure has the power to KO their opponent. I havent included myself as in the cage my power still hasnt been seen. Havent thrown my hands with the power i have yet.
    Just cuz somebody isnt highlighted doesnt mean they dont have the power I just have not seen everyone on the card fight.
    Lookin forward to this card. Probably the best Rumble card yet. Great mix of experience on the card.
    Is Phil and Adrius' fight called off?(excuse the spelling error)
    Also is that gonna be the running order?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

potential fight of the night right there.
    Im in England that weekend and gutted I wont see the fight.

Hope somebody records it.

James via Suprise, round 2 :)

The fight card will be running pretty much in this order, as always it could be subject to change for certain reasons, there is some serious fights on the card and lots that i could not call, thats how i try to match them

Last remaining Tickets are flying out locally so get onto me or fighters asap so you dont miss out

Weigh ins for fighters will be at earliest 6pm Friday so know fighters have extra time to hydrate rest etc than others and fighters have 2 hours to make weight-all weigh ins conducted outside the Dublin weigh in station in Rush must be recorded and will be checked on day of the fight by an appointed person on the day.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Thought this comment (from the comment box in the link) was a bit **** as it's from someone called MMA Ireland. You think with a name like that they would want to say something good about Irish events.

MMA Ireland says:
    February 21, 2011 at 12:25 pm

This seems absolutely mad, why in gods name is west scraping the barrel going to fight in a tiny promotion that nobody in world MMA has ever heard of? I looked online to find this is a minute MMA show that gets 200 or 300 folk coming to watch!!! This is just nuts, Wests management cannot have checked this out at all

Thought this comment (from the comment box in the link) was a bit **** as it's from someone called MMA Ireland. You think with a name like that they would want to say something good about Irish events.

MMA Ireland says:
    February 21, 2011 at 12:25 pm

This seems absolutely mad, why in gods name is west scraping the barrel going to fight in a tiny promotion that nobody in world MMA has ever heard of? I looked online to find this is a minute MMA show that gets 200 or 300 folk coming to watch!!! This is just nuts, Wests management cannot have checked this out at all

Jealous airholes thats why-He's fighting the best Ireland has to offer so the promotion is irrelevant, this is not about money for him and all about visiting his heritage and getting a fight in while he's visiting, the man deserves credit for this and the Rumble sells more than any show in Dublin bar CC so they also have there figures wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Herculeez

is his name vinny de ruscio or rusico?

Herculeez wrote: »
    is his name vinny de ruscio or rusico?

de ruscio, last few tickets left and my phone is hopping!!

• Advertisement

Anyone looking for MMA training gear, we have good news, there will be MMA and Boxing gear etc on sale at the show so bring a few quid if you are looking for anything..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Best of luck everyone in making weight tomorrow night.

See you all cage side on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chris Shanks

Jealous airholes thats why-He's fighting the best Ireland has to offer so the promotion is irrelevant, this is not about money for him and all about visiting his heritage and getting a fight in while he's visiting, the man deserves credit for this and the Rumble sells more than any show in Dublin bar CC so they also have there figures wrong.

There is a difference between a show and a promotion. It is down to the personal desire of West and what he wants to do. I am sure a bigger show did offer him a fight but he has turned it down for a reason.

I also don't understand why MMAIreland would come on here and say something that he knows is going to piss people off? I challenge you to put on a show and do better than Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

I also don't understand why MMAIreland would come on here and say something that he knows is going to piss people off? I challenge you to put on a show and do better than Rumble

I kinda doubt whoever made the comment is in anyway involved in MMA in Ireland, or even from Ireland at all. Especially given they said they had to look online to learn more about the Rumble in Rush show.

Just back from the weigh ins and all the lads looked in good shape and ready to go!!!! Dustin and john were both ripped so this is gonna be a great show. Best of luck to all the fighters!!!!!

Anyone weighing in today all looked in top shape while i was there alright. Expected West to be a bit taller but he was absolutely shredded as was Donnelly.
    This could be the best Rumble yet. See you guys tomorrow. Hopefully plenty of boardsies will be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

http://twitter.com/Ljungberg_8

I SHOULD be tweeting results from the show. As well as my skill of showing my inability to find anywhere outside of Co Louth.

Looking forward to this now, best of luck to everyone!

I'll be wearing my Elmo shirt. However check the twitter naturally for all wardrobe updates and changes

EDIT - Sorry lads, seems Hitler himself has come back in the spirit of my mother. I won't be tweeting or attending. :mad:

Hopefully plenty of boardsies will be there :)

Count me in :D

Any boardies give me a shout, given the amount of drunks in Templebar know my mallet head from boards.ie I suspect you guys will too... Looking forward to putting a few faces to usernames.

Couldn't make the weigh in's in Rush for some photographs, was in bed with a bug the last few days and didn't want to risk infecting fighters.

T-minus 7 hrs to kick/punch off :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

any results?

John donnely won in style over three rounds and looked great!!!! My team mates from rush had a great nite and also won in style so all in all a great nite and a great show so well done to Paul for putting this on as it was the best rumble so far!!!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks to Paul again for having us. Wasnt a great night for our club but that happens sometimes. Gotta take the good nights with the bad. Some great fights on though especially the Ward Higgins fight.
    The Conor Duffy fight was shaping up to be an excellent fight and the 1st round I thought was too close to call. Would like to see a rematch as a cut is a horrible way to win or lose a fight.
    As for my own fight I was disappointed. Followed the gameplan pretty much to a tee, which was let him dance around throw a lot of kicks and punches and when he tries to flurry grab hold of him and put him down, let him hold on tight and burn his arms out. Then when I went for a big slam made a stupid mistake and ended up on bottom in an akward position. Ah well hopefully Ill be back at the next Rush with more experience and a better fighter for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ramunas

Any results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

John Donnelly (Ryano) v Dustin West (USA) Uni Dec
    Neil Ward (Rush) v James Higgins (PCCB) Ref Stopp 3rd
    Paul Hamill (Lucan) v Vinny De Ruscio (Fit to Fight) Ref Stopp end of 1st)
    Darrah Harte (Rush) v Ciaran Carney (Lucan) TKO 1st
    Paul O'Carney (Lucan) v Aaron Wogan (Legends) TKO 1st
    Idruss Animalshaun (Shika) v Dean Dalton (Legends) - Dec
    Aaron Skelly (Rush) v Conor Duffy (Fit to Fight) - Ref Stop
    Zbigniew Hormanski v Kristoph Plona (Lucan) - Ref Stopp end of 2nd
    Michael O'Donohue (Rush) v Chris Shannon (PCCB) - Uni Dec
    Stephen Doyle (PMA) v Leigh Desmond (Middleton MMA) 3rd tko

Fantastic night and great performances :D xxxx

Urs
    x

Thanks for posting up the results Ursula

Im not going to name everyone who helped or took part in the show individually but would just like to thank all that helped the show run so well from officials to the fighters and the fans who are so well behaved, was genuinely a great show and the fans left happy, after party rocked too, Thanks for the support and help to all involved.

Not to take anything away from the other fighters..

But John Donnelly was mechanical in his destruction of Dustin West, whose face was a total, bloody mess by round three.

Great show, as Rush always is.

Can't wait for the MMAKatured photos to be published.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tyreman1

mmakaptured photos will be posted in the next few days.....maybe tuesday as theres hundreds to go through......

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?aid=29996&id=100001545336203

just regarding the main event, all the lads in the club are so proud of john donnelly..its an honour to train with this guy everyday !!!
    hes an inspiration and class act inside and outside of the cage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Johns fight woz totally amazin and topped a perfect night ;) xxx

Im still undecided about fight of the night as there was some excellent performances. Ward v Higgins...... definately great fight Ward won the first, and was draw in the second but Higgins never gav in and stuck in there showed great professionalism :D xxx

The Dalton v Animilishaun fight was also excellent and showed brillant potential for two young fighters who I cant wait to see back!!!

Im really proud of show Rush put on and cant wait to Battlezone next week:D

Urs
    x

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Great event, a credit to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kainer2

Are there full results anywhere?

• Advertisement

The ones posted are spot on, plus there on thf rumble in rush website and will be on Mma universe and sherdog soon hopefully

Advertisement