Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any tips on how to get a start in Compliance/AML roles?

• 06-09-2010 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Ok you are prob thinking heres another sob story, but I'd appreciate any advice as I am feeling so down.
    Graduated with law degree in 2007, 3 months experience banking and 6 months in the Legal sector. I then travelled for 18 months (stupid decision looking back), upon my return the place has been ravaged jobs wise.

Got myself 2 unpaid internships back to back as a compliance administrator but did really no compliance, did go work but senior people were being let go so no chance of a full time job.

Moved to the UK 3 months ago had 2 interviews but was unsuccessful on both occasions applying for work every day but the rejection even in the UK is getting me down big time. Moving home to Cork a failure in 2 weeks as I cannot afford to live here without work its just not happening for me. I'm 27 next week and feel so down about it all really.

I dont even know why I am posting here, just looking for advice on how I would go about getting started in this field? I have also applied for other roles but my lack of experience is hurting my prospects. And the older I get with damn all experience the harder it is going to be :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Chuckler

Hi,

Read your post and I'm in a similar position. Having graduated from UCC in 2007, I was more fortunate by actually obtaining experience in compliance in the firm that I was working in. However that firm has since let me go due to downsizing and I am out looking for a compliance / regulatory role again. I'm just wondering if you had any luck or did you go on to qualify as a Solicitor / Barrister?

Advertisement