Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

west brom v totenham match thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mickman wrote: »
    Reckless is obviously very bitter about what went on sat.

Not bitter at all, I don't bear grudges as a Spurs fan as those who know me in person can attest to. It's one of the reasons I think I'm capable of taking the rough with the smooth, the wins with the losses, with good grace rather than yo-yoing from high to low all the time.

I don't agree that Harry made a complete balls of it though. If he played bale at LM where wud he have played hudd, vdv and modric ?

Line-up at home to City:

Gomes
    Corluka
    King
    Dawson
    BAE
    Lennon
    Hudd
    Modric
    Bale
    Crouch
    Defoe

VDV replaces one of the 2 strikers, and we retain a 4-4-1-1 formation. It's West Brom away ffs, they will not hold possession like a European side (Young Boys or better) so we don't have to worry about having a bit of muscle in the middle. If we want work rate then play Jenas instead of Modric and leave Luka until Tuesday night.
    True :-) I slagged off keane last week and he got very upset . He has slated many players in the posts above .

I see you're still struggling with the basics...let me recap: you abused a Spurs player, I objectively criticised their performances.

Example: I think you are a cúnt vs I think your assessment of my posts is flawed.

That make sense?
    BERBA wrote: »
    Chri$t lads, the slating Palacios is getting is unreal , the bloke has had a hard 12 months losing his brother and all that, way over the top recklessone whether 20 rows back from the pitch or not.

Are you suggesting my assessment of his performance is wrong? What did he do right in your opinion?

I'm genuinely worried above Palacios's form.
    He's been in a slump for nearly a year now.
    I really want him to come good again because I like him a lot.
    Have to admit that I'm starting to get a little impatient with him now.
    He's starting to become a liability.

Think back to his debut Shane, we were crying out for somebody to break up opposition play and he managed to do that in a manic 90mins vs the Goons. I think we all fell for his enthusiasm that day, but he's never been a great passer of the ball, and now that he's missing tackles in the middle we're starting to see him in a less flattering light I think.

I don't think he'll ever gain the ability to pick out players with a ball so his best starting position is on the bench with a view to introducing him to shore up things if we're trying to defend a lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Not bitter at all, I don't bear grudges as

I see you're still struggling with the basics...let me recap: you abused a Spurs player, I objectively criticised their performances.

your not bitter?, come on man, you earlier posts are full of anger.

and im not not struggling with any basics , i criticised a spurs players actions off the field which have directly impacted his place in the spurs team as is plain to see yet you keep defending him and blaming harry redknapp!!

your not bitter?, come on man, you earlier posts are full of anger.

and im not not struggling with any basics , i criticised a spurs players actions off the field which have directly impacted his place in the spurs team as is plain to see yet you keep defending him and blaming harry redknapp!!

I assure you my posts related to Saturday's game bear no bitterness or anger towards our players or manager. Like I said, I objectively assess the situation and comment as such. You have my word on that.

As for continuing this discussion re. our differing approaches to discussing the club, I'm sure everybody else is sick of it at this stage so if you have anything further to add please do so by PM and leave the match thread for what it is intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I assure you my posts related to Saturday's game bear no bitterness or anger towards our players or manager. Like I said, I objectively assess the situation and comment as such. You have my word on that.

As for continuing this discussion re. our differing approaches to discussing the club, I'm sure everybody else is sick of it at this stage so if you have anything further to add please do so by PM and leave the match thread for what it is intended.

agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

agreed

Bout bleedin time lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Forgive me if I seem a bit dismissive, but I think I had a slightly better viewpoint 20 rows back from the goal (we defended 1st half) for the full 90mins.
    Very hard to properly analyse a game from the stands especially when in a lower tier at one of the goal-ends.

I'll quote a mate who was at the game with me:

"Palacios is playing that bad I'd have Jenas on for him, and I fúcking hate Jenas, so that's saying something about how bad Palacios is..."
    Well, that proves your point.

Bale at LB was a fúck up. Pavlyuchenko up front on his own was a fúck up. And if the players weren't playing after Modric left the field why did the manager not change things around?
    Bale was our best player! And Harry only had two subs left, both of which he used.
    His stated position is that Bale will be a LB, IMHO that will ruin the lad and rob us of a very potent attacking option in the process. It will also mean that Lennon is our only wide option in midfield, and he is suffering from bearing that responsibility at the moment.
    In your opinion? Well thats grand. But dont go around accusing our most successful manager in decades of trying to ruin one our best players. He's played Bale at LM more times than LB this season, including our most important match to date against YB.
    It is no coincidence that we played Arsenal and Chelsea off the park last year with Bale on the left and Modric central.
    Yeah and in the two away games at Man United and Burnley we lost with the same formation.

THFC wrote: »
    Very hard to properly analyse a game from the stands especially when in a lower tier at one of the goal-ends.

But easier than relying on a highlights reel for half the match.

And if you were paying attention on Saturday you'd know the Hawthorns is made up of single tier stands...
    In your opinion? Well thats grand. But dont go around accusing our most successful manager in decades of trying to ruin one our best players. He's played Bale at LM more times than LB this season, including our most important match to date against YB.

In his own words Bale will be a LB. And which was the most important YB game, home or away? Cos Modric missed the home tie with injury which helps make the decision on where Bale starts.
    Yeah and in the two away games at Man United and Burnley we lost with the same formation.

Bale played LB vs Man United to allow Palacios back into the side.

Lads, we/you can argue all day and night, and trust me I love a good football argument, but we are all entitled to our opinions on players/manager and formations etc. And nobodys opinion is any more important than the others just because they were at the game or watched it live on tv.

Bale, from what I have seen so far will be a LM, although I think you will get away with him at LB in home games or against poor sides away from home as you will more than likely have more of the ball.

I dont think he is strong enough at the moment to be considered at left back in big away games, and that was proved at OT last season.

But easier than relying on a highlights reel for half the match.
    Point taken, but I still watched the second half and a lot of the first.
    And if you were paying attention on Saturday you'd know the Hawthorns is made up of single tier stands...
    And did I say it wasn't? Was saying the lower tier because I didn't want anyone contradicting me as (IMO) games are easier to analyse from upper tiers than from TV.

In his own words Bale will be a LB. And which was the most important YB game, home or away? Cos Modric missed the home tie with injury which helps make the decision on where Bale starts.
    In who's own words? Because Harry seems very fond of playing him at LM.

Bale played LB vs Man United to allow Palacios back into the side.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/23/squad-sheets-manchester-united-tottenham-hotspur

Besides its not about any of the above arguments that I'm "debating" with you. Its the fact that you were far too critical of the players, as pointed out by other posters. Next thing you'll be booing them when ever they don't perform like the English supporters...

• Advertisement

Bale played at left back, BAE at right back, with modric on the left and wilson brought back in to the middle.

It changed during the 2nd half i think, with wilson going to rb, bale to lm, bae to lb and modric in the middle.

I could be wrong though....I do remember bale falling asleep a few times and nani getting in behind him.

In who's own words? Because Harry seems very fond of playing him at LM.

Redknapp's.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/23/stoke-city-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league
    Besides its not about any of the above arguments that I'm "debating" with you. Its the fact that you were far too critical of the players, as pointed out by other posters. Next thing you'll be booing them when ever they don't perform like the English supporters...

I don't boo our own players, the same way I don't call them twats or cúnts or anything else abusive.

Redknapp's.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/23/stoke-city-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league

I don't boo our own players, the same way I don't call them twats or cúnts or anything else abusive.
    Yeah, i know, that was meant as a joke, you seem a loyal fan anyways, going to an away game when you're from Ireland, but i still say you were far too critical earlier. Anyways, its over and done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Saturday was a poor result in anyone's book. For a team that is supposedly going to be challenging for a top four finish....1-1 is not good enough.

There will be worse teams that take 3 points at the Hawthorns this season.

Only argument can be that injuries have unsettled the team. Or alternatively that Champions League was on the mind of the players out there, which is even more worrying.

Are we gonna f*ck up every game before and after a Champions League game, because if that is so then we have 12 PL games that are gonna suffer as a result.

Advertisement