Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

when are students back

• 06-09-2010 12:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭

i know students are starting back today in phases. does anyone know when the majority of them are back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

All years except 1st years and med students start today. 1st years and med start next week iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Surely its 1st years first and then everyone else?

nope. had lectures today, and first years are definitely next week. orientation is next weekend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

are student villages now full again?

what like corrib/gort/cuirt? i presume so. most places will have filled up now but you could always ring them and find out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

ya i will, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Thats a strange way of doing it. Surely you'd get the first years in first and show them around and let them get used to the college before to gets into full swing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

If the others are there first then there will be a few thousand people around to give the necessary directions to lecture halls etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

jenno86 wrote: »
    Thats a strange way of doing it. Surely you'd get the first years in first and show them around and let them get used to the college before to gets into full swing.
    My thoughts exactly.

My guess is that it takes longer to process new student registrations as opposed to phase existing students on to subsequent years. Although when I started in NUIG, I was already a postgrad, a new student for them to register and not a first year. So eh, yeah...my logic could be flawed right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

first years always have ten times more problems when they start, due to them not knowing where to ask. Other years know where to go if they've an issue.

Better to get them sorted with registration before having the thousands of teenagers with problems mixed in with them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Traffic is manic today around town.
    so therefore officially the stoodents are back in particular those from Donegal with the yellow registration plates who view the footpath as a parking space (you know who you are)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'd say they are back. Alot of noise around the estate during the day when I went home sick at the end of last week and apartments that were emptied a couple of weeks ago have sprung back into life.

The summer months are such a blessing. I would imagine the people in most apartments for the summer are students too but they are so much more quiet in the summer!...Oh well...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Pubs are gonna be busy with newbies for the next few weeks so, perhaps the younger ladies will like the older gentleman:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Pubs are gonna be busy with newbies for the next few weeks so, perhaps the younger ladies will like the older gentleman:D

Ha Ha yeah, because the guys their own age aren't as mature....ahhh little do they know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

snubbleste wrote: »
    Traffic is manic today around town.
    so therefore officially the stoodents are back in particular those from Donegal with the yellow registration plates who view the footpath as a parking space (you know who you are)

Yeah got the passport sorted and we're all back down to spend our sterling.... maybe you should sign up for a course too?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

Already seen a few lads around with Bucky. Here's to September!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Judging by the behaviour on Upper Abbeygate St last night, I'd say the students are back in full force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Already seen a few lads around with Bucky. Here's to September!

Yeah cause there was no one drinking buckfast all summer and no rowdiness in town. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

Maybe most of the Bucky drinkers went for a picnic at the weekend.

So far the class of 2010/2011 is looking like a rough bunch. And thats without the 1st years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Which College are you on about O.P??

• Advertisement
Advertisement