Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick to the teeth of eircom

• 06-09-2010 1:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, back in 2007 i had an epic battle with eircom and having to go to extreme lengths to get something to happen, see this link
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthrea...rcom+nightmare

Long story but basically for the last 4 months or so its back to where i was in 2007 and eircom refuse to address the issue.
    Again this is widespread in the town, its not just me and its not a once off occasion, im online most evenings if not all evenings as are some friends who also suffer terrible slowdown in the evenings.

Im just sick to the teeth with them now and really want a change.
    Im hearing UPC is the way to go? but not available in our small town and i cant see any info on their website about proposed enabled areas either.

Seriously guys am i just stuck with this shower?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

well i had to move house to get a semi ok BB connection on eircon lines( previous was 3Meg download 48kilobit upload - yep thats right )

So dont worry, youre not alone

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 donegalnordie

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi folks, back in 2007 i had an epic battle with eircom and having to go to extreme lengths to get something to happen, see this link
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthrea...rcom+nightmare

Long story but basically for the last 4 months or so its back to where i was in 2007 and eircom refuse to address the issue.
    Again this is widespread in the town, its not just me and its not a once off occasion, im online most evenings if not all evenings as are some friends who also suffer terrible slowdown in the evenings.

Im just sick to the teeth with them now and really want a change.
    Im hearing UPC is the way to go? but not available in our small town and i cant see any info on their website about proposed enabled areas either.

Seriously guys am i just stuck with this shower?

I switched to UTV internet and very happy with them, think their contention ratio might be somewhat lower than eircom's so BB slightly quicker.....

Advertisement