Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good spot for watching Ireland games

• 06-09-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where's a good spot in Dublin for watching Ireland games. I like my guinness so Mulligans, McDaids, Keohoes are regular haunts. Looking for a bit more atmosphere though and decent crowd too. Im thinking along the lines of the Woolshed, Sinnots, Nealons of Capel street. Any other good spots in and around town?

Comments

Here's a decent enough spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Dónal wrote: »

With wit like that, you should be on a stage..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Dónal wrote: »

Cant believe people actually thanked you for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

keano_afc wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Can't believe no one thanked you for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

If you are in Dublin why not just go the the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

CiaranC wrote: »
    If you are in Dublin why not just go the the game?

€50 to watch a team of professionals try to grind out a 1-0 against a team comprised of bakers, ski instructors, and school children?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Submarine Bar in Crumlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

tolosenc wrote: »
    €50 to watch a team of professionals try to grind out a 1-0 against a team comprised of bakers, ski instructors, and school children?

Yeah, cant wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ush1 wrote: »
    Submarine Bar in Crumlin.

Awesome spot back in the day, but died along with the economy.

Is it even open during the week nowadays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Awesome spot back in the day, but died along with the economy.

Is it even open during the week nowadays?

I couldn't tell ya to be honest, when I used to go to alot of Ireland games there it would have been back in the good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

tolosenc wrote: »

i can see where you are coming from and i have to admit, the argentina game was painful to watch, BUT we only have one international football team and while we can, i think we should all support them as much as possible. it is expensive, but sure watching in the pub with 5 or 6 pints also is expensive and for 20quid more, you get to see the game live.

for the united games we dont go to, a bunch of us have started to go to the living room just off the top of O connell street over the last few months and i have to say, its a thumbs up. aint been there for an ireland game yet, will perhaps check it out for slovakia away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

i can see where you are coming from and i have to admit, the argentina game was painful to watch, BUT we only have one international football team and while we can, i think we should all support them as much as possible. it is expensive, but sure watching in the pub with 5 or 6 pints also is expensive and for 20quid more, you get to see the game live.

for the united games we dont go to, a bunch of us have started to go to the living room just off the top of O connell street over the last few months and i have to say, its a thumbs up. aint been there for an ireland game yet, will perhaps check it out for slovakia away.

I don't think Ireland fans need any encouragement to support the team as much as possible, it's just that a €50-€110 price tag on tickets for the Andorra match typifies the gormlessness/shenanigans of the FAI. Personally, some the my happiest memories of my life involve the Irish team and it frustrates me beyond belief that the centralised power behind soccer in Ireland is so incompetent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I don't think Ireland fans need any encouragement to support the team as much as possible, it's just that a €50 price tag on tickets for the Andorra match typifies the gormlessness/shenanigans of the FAI. Personally, some the my happiest memories of my life involve the Irish team and it frustrates me beyond belief that the centralised power behind soccer in Ireland is so incompetent.

FTW !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

The best place to watch the game would be at home with a quite a few beers.
    You only really need to see the first 15 mins, and the last 20 mins.
    Nothing really ever happens in between ;):D

Advertisement