Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHECK THIS OUT!! NEW NIGHT FOR NON DRINKERS ''SOBER SATURDAYS''

Options
  • 06-09-2010 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

I cam across this event on boards looks like a really good night out, its about time, check it out www.facebook.com/sobersaturdays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's cool that people get the finger out and organize these kinds of things for the benefit of others. If I were within an asses roar of Dublin, I'd make a point of going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I really love the idea of this and Funky Seomra, but why does it always have to be 'world music'? I just want a nightclub playing normal kinds of nightclubby tracks that I can dance to just without being looked at as weird for not drinking or having drunk people falling all over the place...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

zoegh wrote: »
    I really love the idea of this and Funky Seomra, but why does it always have to be 'world music'? I just want a nightclub playing normal kinds of nightclubby tracks that I can dance to just without being looked at as weird for not drinking or having drunk people falling all over the place...

ye i agree with you here i think it all gets a bit hippie and alternative would like just a normal nightclub setup but without every body being sh1t faced

I do agree with the above, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭billybenner

Sober Saturdays Music is going to consist of lots of different music, house music, international music, 2 many Dj's style, just lots of proper dance music that you will all recongnise so dont worry it wont be all hippie music!!

• Advertisement

Next Sober Saturdays event is on the 2nd of October and there will be live Saxaphone and bongo's players that play along to the DJ's house music, there ll also be lots of other styles plus, popular music that eveyone knows!!

www.facebook.com/sobersaturdays

Sober Saturdays has changed its name to ''THe Red Monkey Tea PArty''

heres the link to the facedbook page http://www.facebook.com/theredmonkeyteaparty?createdand

I thought it was called the "Red Monkey Super-Dee-Duper Wonderful Night of Funky Fairies and Astoundingness"?

I suppose you don't want to come across as juvenile though.

Advertisement