Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frames *No Ticket Sales/Swaps*

Options
  • 06-09-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

The Frames are playing in the Olympia this December
    tickets are 35 quid on ticketmaster on sale at the minute

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I can't find any mention of this on TM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

I bought tickets this morning from a ticketmaster outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

yea sorry ha it seems ticketmaster have made a mistake I managed to buy 3 tickets this morning and now its gone, the frames dont even seem to be in the ticketmaster database its a bit crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Used to go to most of their shows in Dublin, but I'm not sure I care about them anymore :confused:

That said I bet I'll regret not going then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Their set on Saturday night at Elevtric Picnic was absolutely fantastic (if a little shorter than they used to do). Dropped my phone and had the screen smashed, but it was completely worth it. Easily the best gig I've been to in the last twelve months.

If there is a December gig (or a run of gigs), I'd expect a much bigger announcement before tickets go on sale, but nevertheless I'm going to paying close attention to grab tickets as soon as they're available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Playing olympia dec 12th, tickets on sale this week

according to the frames forum all Irish dates will be announced tomorrow, so maybe that will sort out the ticketmaster mistake

It has been put back up on ticketmaster tickets go on sale Friday at 9 am

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Any word of a presale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

darryn wrote: »
    It has been put back up on ticketmaster tickets go on sale Friday at 9 am.

I'm assuming the tickets I managed to buy last Monday are still vaild, yea?

• Advertisement

Any word of a presale?
    I wouldn't think so
    I'm assuming the tickets I managed to buy last Monday are still vaild, yea?
    Yea i guessing they are since I bought some Monday, all my details are still online as a receipt and the date hasn't changed so since it was ticketmasters mistake I am sure we will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Vicar Street has just been announced for the next night (13th) I'd love to catch one of these!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Olympia the first night and Vicar Street the second.. weird

nm wrote: »
    Yea its weird I want to go to both now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

why the f*ck do bands insist on playing on stupid nights that destroys the chances of anyone living outside dublin and working getting to see them. Frames on Sunday and Monday Night, Greenday was a wednesday, Guns N Roses was a weekday, The foals are a monday, arcade fire sunday monday again. It sucks. and it wouldn't be to bad if we had a decent public transport system where you could travel after the gig was over. so f*cking annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

nm wrote: »

When they released For The Birds they did 3 gigs, 1st gig was at the Oympia, 2nd Vicar St and 3rd Whelan's.

OK makes sense so ha I am just annoyed that the Olympia was released first i would have rather bought vicar street tickets its a better venue, although first gig in Dublin in two years should be good

danniemcq wrote: »
    why the f*ck do bands insist on playing on stupid nights that destroys the chances of anyone living outside dublin and working getting to see them. Frames on Sunday and Monday Night, Greenday was a wednesday, Guns N Roses was a weekday, The foals are a monday, arcade fire sunday monday again. It sucks. and it wouldn't be to bad if we had a decent public transport system where you could travel after the gig was over. so f*cking annoying

Most bands have a touring Schedule so they can't play everywhere on a Firday or Saturday. It would make tours go on for too long. I'm on the Frames Mailing list and it said that they can't do it on any other Dates.

the setlist from electric picnic
    http://twitpic.com/2lct0l
    you can hear some of the gig here http://addastudios.com/audio/ep/ep2010/frames.mp3

the setlist from electric picnic
    http://twitpic.com/2lct0l
    you can hear some of the gig here http://addastudios.com/audio/ep/ep2010/frames.mp3

Can't get that link to the audio working Darryn. It's just comming up a little red X.

• Advertisement

CiaranK wrote: »

yep thats the same audio as the link I posted sorry bout that, works grand for me maybe its the browser your using??

yep thats the same audio as the link I posted sorry bout that, works grand for me maybe its the browser your using??

It's grand. Yeah probably my browser. Some other good stuff from the Picnic on there. Seasick Steve/Waterboys/Imelda May/PIL Loads more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I am just annoyed that the Olympia was released first i would have rather bought vicar street tickets its a better venue

You could always stick up a ticket swap request on toutless, you might find someone wants to change days closer to the gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

danniemcq wrote: »

Belfast tickets for the saturday night 11th dec.... ( gots me mine :D)
    Olympia and vicar street solds outski

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

They're still on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

playing sunday or monday doesnt bother me much but i see your point.

but a 20th anniversary tour and all they are playing in ireland is 3 gigs.and playing them in places just bigger than a toilet and in dublin at that.come on guys give us a break.how long are we waitng to see you do a tour and this is what happens.do glen hansard and co realise how many people would give there left arm to see the frames play again?rubbish.they could fill the 02 no problem.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    playing sunday or monday doesnt bother me much but i see your point.

but a 20th anniversary tour and all they are playing in ireland is 3 gigs.and playing them in places just bigger than a toilet and in dublin at that.come on guys give us a break.how long are we waitng to see you do a tour and this is what happens.do glen hansard and co realise how many people would give there left arm to see the frames play again?rubbish.they could fill the 02 no problem.

I think it's much better them playing 2 intimate gigs than one huge gig the 02.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

CiaranK wrote: »
    I think it's much better them playing 2 intimate gigs than one huge gig the 02.

i totally agree BUT TRY GET TICKETS FOR IT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

If you're that passionate about expressing your distaste for intimate venues and the chances of getting tickets for the gigs, shouldn't you have gotten up at a decent time and got them today like the rest of us?

Advertisement