Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frames *No Ticket Sales/Swaps*

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

useded wrote: »
    If you're that passionate about expressing your distaste for intimate venues and the chances of getting tickets for the gigs, shouldn't you have gotten up at a decent time and got them today like the rest of us?

i get up at 5 am for work every morning,your talking out through your arse.and i have no distaste for intimate gigs i love them but it is generally hard to get tickets and if you knew anything you d know the frames are always playing intimate gigs,why not play a big venue every now and then so more people could see them?or else play more gigs as was my point in the first place.

let me guess you just learned to type yesterday did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

jaysus lads...i remember when i had my first beer too ;)

both points are valid, but the frames are a smaller venue band. they seem to prefer that...they did the big marlay park gig a few years ago didnt they?

sure maybe when they get back into the swing of touring they will play the point..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

jaysus lads...i remember when i had my first beer too ;)

both points are valid, but the frames are a smaller venue band. they seem to prefer that...they did the big marlay park gig a few years ago didnt they?

sure maybe when they get back into the swing of touring they will play the point..

they played the point a few years back, and they played the Marley gig, but smaller venues are just more fun, and to be fair i do not think the tickets sold out that quickly, just make sure you refresh ticketmaster and 9am done and done

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

agreed darryn....

if they sell enough they will play the bigger places which might be when they get rolling on a tour again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnnyguitar

keep an eye out for a warm up gig in whelans under a different name before the American tour somewhere around the 12th-17th of november.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnnyguitar

2 gigs in whelans in fact...

newslettersomething up with our mailout system, so, posting here and will try get out all over later today. should have gone out yesterday... cx

so, it would appear that i have some more to say on this band the frames....

due to the amazing demand for the irish shows (they are all sold out to the rafters by the way if anyone was dawdling and thinking they could get a ticket down the line) - (oh, and i really, really havent got any hiding up my sleeve at home, or squirreled away for selling to tardy folks either - honest!!) (oh, oh - and we're all good on the support acts front too i do believe..)

we sat down and thought - ok - where would be REALLY fitting to end the year off - and you know what - whelans popped into our heads. strange that eh :0)

i know youre supposed to go larger and upsize the venues, but we like to do things our own way, so we're going smaller.....much smaller......and cheaper actually......(we have noticed times are hard...) i know theres been some bitchin and moanin about us not playing a point sized show this time around, but tbh, it just didnt feel like the right thing to do this year. maybe thats a down the line thing if theres still the enthusiastic interest. i know if id have announced some point show/s for december, i would still have got some moaners wanting to see an intimate show...cant please all the people all the time eh...

anyways - heres the deal with the other shows that are announcing today, and all shows (from what im reliably told from the local promoters) will go on sale on FRIDAY SEPT 24TH (or in the dutch case 25th sept) from 9AM ...but feel free to check your local press/ticket sellers.

december
    3 paradiso - amsterdam - the netherlands www.paradiso.nl
    4 ubel and gefaehrich - hamburg - germany http://www.karsten-jahnke.de/artist.php/2019/The_Frames.html
    6 archa theatre - prague - czech republic http://www.archatheatre.cz/en/menu/tickets/
    7 ancienne botanique - brussels - belgium http://www.rodrigue.fr/transact/venteenligne.asp?WCI=listeseances&IdStructure=138&langue=fr&IDManif=1811
    8 shepards bush emprie - london - england www.gigsandtours.com
    15 whelans - dublin - ireland - night for derek
    16 whelans - dublin - ireland - night for us
    www.ticketmaster.ie
    0818 719 300 - Republic of Ireland customers
    0844 277 4455 - Northern Ireland customers
    00353 1 456 9569 - International customers

after a bit of jiggery pokery, we were lucky to be able to get two nights in a row. one of those nights, we want to give all the proceeds of the show to the family of derek nally, may he rest in peace.

there is a 'songs for derek' night happening in vicar street on oct 2 (see press release below) which we can't attend, so, we are doing our own night when we can....this will im sure, take the form of a 'regular' frames gig, just a different place for the proceeds to go. tickets for the whelans shows will be priced at 20 yoyos plus bkg fees.

i do believe thats about the size of it for today!
    be good.
    cx
    www.theframes.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

2 gigs in whelans in fact...

newslettersomething up with our mailout system, so, posting here and will try get out all over later today. should have gone out yesterday... cx

so, it would appear that i have some more to say on this band the frames....

due to the amazing demand for the irish shows (they are all sold out to the rafters by the way if anyone was dawdling and thinking they could get a ticket down the line) - (oh, and i really, really havent got any hiding up my sleeve at home, or squirreled away for selling to tardy folks either - honest!!) (oh, oh - and we're all good on the support acts front too i do believe..)

we sat down and thought - ok - where would be REALLY fitting to end the year off - and you know what - whelans popped into our heads. strange that eh :0)

i know youre supposed to go larger and upsize the venues, but we like to do things our own way, so we're going smaller.....much smaller......and cheaper actually......(we have noticed times are hard...) i know theres been some bitchin and moanin about us not playing a point sized show this time around, but tbh, it just didnt feel like the right thing to do this year. maybe thats a down the line thing if theres still the enthusiastic interest. i know if id have announced some point show/s for december, i would still have got some moaners wanting to see an intimate show...cant please all the people all the time eh...

anyways - heres the deal with the other shows that are announcing today, and all shows (from what im reliably told from the local promoters) will go on sale on FRIDAY SEPT 24TH (or in the dutch case 25th sept) from 9AM ...but feel free to check your local press/ticket sellers.

december
    3 paradiso - amsterdam - the netherlands www.paradiso.nl
    4 ubel and gefaehrich - hamburg - germany http://www.karsten-jahnke.de/artist.php/2019/The_Frames.html
    6 archa theatre - prague - czech republic http://www.archatheatre.cz/en/menu/tickets/
    7 ancienne botanique - brussels - belgium http://www.rodrigue.fr/transact/venteenligne.asp?WCI=listeseances&IdStructure=138&langue=fr&IDManif=1811
    8 shepards bush emprie - london - england www.gigsandtours.com
    15 whelans - dublin - ireland - night for derek
    16 whelans - dublin - ireland - night for us
    www.ticketmaster.ie
    0818 719 300 - Republic of Ireland customers
    0844 277 4455 - Northern Ireland customers
    00353 1 456 9569 - International customers

after a bit of jiggery pokery, we were lucky to be able to get two nights in a row. one of those nights, we want to give all the proceeds of the show to the family of derek nally, may he rest in peace.

there is a 'songs for derek' night happening in vicar street on oct 2 (see press release below) which we can't attend, so, we are doing our own night when we can....this will im sure, take the form of a 'regular' frames gig, just a different place for the proceeds to go. tickets for the whelans shows will be priced at 20 yoyos plus bkg fees.

i do believe thats about the size of it for today!
    be good.
    cx
    www.theframes.ie

Ah Glen would you not learn to format your posts properly for the love of God?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Wow. Managed to get through to ticketmaster on the phone at 9:03, at which time all the tickets for the 16th were gone, but got a few for the 15th so happy out, and nice to know money is gonna help Derek Nally's family.
    A good few of my friends missed out though by going to bricks and mortar stores only to have queues of people buying tickets for The Script leaving them waiting that bit too long...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

got mine for the 15th too, so excited! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Gutted - hungover this morning and completely forgot to look for tickets at 9.00. Anyone reckon they might add some more gigs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

They were saying they wouldnt add before the wednesday gig anyway. In fairness though if they are back touring in earnest it probably wont be too long before they play an Irish tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Totally missed this thread :rolleyes:

Now I'll end up paying thrice the damn price for tickets as usual.

Merry fecking Christmas :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

No ticket sales/swaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

carolmon wrote: »
    anybody interested in selling tickets for either night pm me

Keep an eye on toutless.com for tickets, might get lucky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mayisuggest

Awh Im sickened, missed out on my chance too! Well heres hoping Ill get my hands on a couple for one of the whelans gigs..............sad face

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

After last night, I just had to find this thread and say that that gig was utterly fantastic. Great energy, great stage presence and great crowd interaction. The incredibly long encore was awesome! I was fairly far back and there were so many people going in and out for the whole thing but that's my only complaint. Hope everyone else enjoyed it or if you're going to the Whelan's gigs, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

tomissex wrote: »
    After last night, I just had to find this thread and say that that gig was utterly fantastic. Great energy, great stage presence and great crowd interaction. The incredibly long encore was awesome! I was fairly far back and there were so many people going in and out for the whole thing but that's my only complaint. Hope everyone else enjoyed it or if you're going to the Whelan's gigs, enjoy!

Was at the Olympia it was deadly, roll on Whelans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Just over 2 hours to go til tonights gig, can't feckin wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Ah that was just pure class. All the favourites, a few mad ones and a great crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Great gig, but too many talkers needing to be sshhh'd all the time.

Uploaded this so far ..

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I was at Vicar Street, It was some show! It was the Frames at there best, Need I say anymore? Really cool when he called out Lisa Hannigan for the Auld Triangle.

Advertisement