Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking a Nokia 2630 from Vodafone..

Options
  • 06-09-2010 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

I've read the FAQ. I can't afford the 122 euro Vodafone want to unlock the phone nor to buy a new one (I'm trying to sort myself out in a brand new country, my money is going elsewhere atm).

I've bought a "universal sim" card but it doesn't appear to have worked, or I'm missing a step or something.

Is there any way I can get this done for free that has a chance of actually working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It cant be done for free, but it should not cost anymore than €20. Most places, in dublin anyway will do it for cheaper. Might only cost €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I'm in Germany :( Don't particularly fancy having to stumble my way through pidgin German trying to explain what I want. Oh well, guess I'd better bite the bullet on this one.

liah wrote: »
    I'm in Germany :( Don't particularly fancy having to stumble my way through pidgin German trying to explain what I want. Oh well, guess I'd better bite the bullet on this one.

What about buying a sim free phone over their? Or do you know anyone that has spent enough with vodafone, they could submit your imei number and get the code for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I can't really afford a new phone right now. I guess I could ask some friends on vodafone back in Ireland and see but most people I knew were on meteor or o2.

What card did you buy, where did you get it? Some of the turbo sims should work for the 2630. Their is not much to do with them really, some will require a little cut in your sim to make space for the turbosim, but straight forward really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement