Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a Manchester United fan club in Waterford?

• 06-09-2010 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Reason I'm asking is I happen to be going to Manchester on the 30th of October and I'm hoping to get tickets for the United v Spurs match that day and someone advised me that getting tickets through a fan club could be my best bet. So does anyone know if there is one? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

there is one in Waterford but its not great .. the best one for tickets in waterford if the ARKLOW/South Lenister one,,, as the guys who run it live in Waterford the last 10 or so years and there is a massive amount of waterford lads and regular trips run every year..

I will PM you details....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Moiph wrote: »
    Reason I'm asking is I happen to be going to Manchester on the 30th of October and I'm hoping to get tickets for the United v Spurs match that day and someone advised me that getting tickets through a fan club could be my best bet. So does anyone know if there is one? Cheers.

There is a Waterford United team. They play in Waterford.

Why cant you support them? They are your local team not Man Yoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Partizan wrote: »

That's not what he asked. Why can't you just be helpful instead of throwing out the 'support your local team only' line? It's his choice to support whichever team he likes.

Terrible choice mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ I agree,

I supported Waterford united for many many years up till my late teens/early 20's during the glory years when teams actually manages to bring some half known players at the time (Neal Fenn to Waterford united being quite the coup at the time) but even then as much as I enjoyed it I'd take 1 trip to the Lane above 50 to the RSC.

Can't help who you love, the LOI fans (particuarly on the soccer fourm) who make a big deal over this to be honest drive me bananas.

Also, I agree terrible club :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

There's always one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

savic04 wrote: »
    there is one in Waterford but its not great .. the best one for tickets in waterford if the ARKLOW/South Lenister one,,, as the guys who run it live in Waterford the last 10 or so years and there is a massive amount of waterford lads and regular trips run every year..

I will PM you details....

The Waterford Man Utd supporters club is run by Kevin Moore from Dungarvan and it's very active with plenty of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Sorry I meant the city.. as this was the city part of the Forum.

by the way, I support WUFC and MUFC.. so i don't get your point above in relation to support your local team, loads of lads I know who regularly go to OT also go to the RSC when they can or often even...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Who asked about supporting Waterford United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Keep an eye out in the Evening Herald. One day a week there does be all the fan clubs of Ireland in it. It's at the start of the sports section.

Advertisement