Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox Live - 4person, 2 consoles

• 06-09-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Is it possible to play 4 player on xbox live with only 2 consoles? Obviously if its possible it will mean split screens and getting an extra headset for each console. Have two friends living in london and sharing an xbox. Was thinking L4D2 would be good craic if four of us could play (obviously split screens arent ideal but still).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Do you mean
    -2 consoles connected together via a system link or lan?
    -2 consoles connected to Xbox Live and playing together?

Either way, both are possible (in L4D1 at least, so surely the sequel).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It's possible with L4D 1 and 2.

Most games are limited to 1 person per console for playing on Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

You can do it with Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

Excellent stuff. And I meant two consoles connected over xbox live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

The ridiculous issue here is that you need 4 Xbox Live Gold accounts for this to work.... shocking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

remus808 wrote: »
    The ridiculous issue here is that you need 4 Xbox Live Gold accounts for this to work.... shocking
    L4D doesn't allow guests?

Feck, I didnt even think of that aspect of it. Just assumed my gold would cover the console, never copped it was the profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

There's a good few games that support this. Gears 1 & 2 are also good for 2 on each console and Halo as you can have up to 4 on each console online in that.

Don't know about L4D and guests, but the other games allow guests.

Pretty sure Ghost Recon allows guests, not sure about Rainbow Six though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Left4Dead allows Guests. Cracking game in Co-op, with 4 human players via lan it would be awesome. Left4Dead 2 is far superior to Left4Dead on the 360 though, while the PC versions of both games are similar other than the obvious scenery change, the second one on the 360 has far more zombies than the original and is much more frantic. Going from Left4Dead on the PC to my 360 was very disappointing, but I was very impressed by Left4Dead 2 and chose to get it on the 360 over my PC.

• Advertisement

THis worked great today anyway! 4 of us played L4D2, it was Great craic. the only problem was that chat only worked between myself and friend, neither of the "guests" could be involved in the discussion (hear or talk). Anyone know a way around this?

budhabob wrote: »
    THis worked great today anyway! 4 of us played L4D2, it was Great craic. the only problem was that chat only worked between myself and friend, neither of the "guests" could be involved in the discussion (hear or talk). Anyone know a way around this?

Just set up temporary email addresses once a month for the guests and create two trial accounts. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to sort out.

Just set up temporary email addresses once a month for the guests and create two trial accounts. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to sort out.

Thanks for this, I'll give it a go next time.

Advertisement