Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LordGoat Music Mod -complaint

Options
  • 06-09-2010 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

As I have read below quite a few members have complained about the above mod in gigs and events in Music.

I was given a yellow for a sexist comment in the Guns and Roses thread, which I accepted. No problem there.

Previous to my post a member called me 'a knacker'. I reported the post. No action taken.

PM the Mod and he said he thought the comment was fine. Now this seems a bit if a disgrace to me.

I am most certain if I went on the very thread right now and called a member a 'knacker' I would get another yellow or even a ban.

This sort of name calling would not be tolerated on other forums thats for sure

Can you look into it please.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055930369&page=55

Thank you for your time

Nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

I also sent this to the Category mod. Maybe this is what I should have done at the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

I pm'd the cat mod for music. Maybe that is what I should have done before posting here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

NickDrake wrote: »
    I pm'd the cat mod for music. Maybe that is what I should have done before posting here

yep. See what they have to say and if you are still not satisfied with the reasoning or decision, then by all means drop back in here and it can be discussed further. Seems long winded but this way we get to sort out the communication breakdowns before they become a serious issue.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Could i get the name of the thread changed. It's not like i have a string of complaints.

Also i have no idea why i'm being singled out, i gave him a yellow card for a sexist comment but it's completely unrelated and there are more than one mods in G/E.

thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056019680

Also here's the reported post where he wasn't exaclty called a knacker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

edited thread title to remove the term "another" as , as LordGoat pointed out, its not as if there's a list of complaints so the title may be misleading.

LG: thanks for the links

Advertisement