Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Helmet

• 06-09-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hey lads,

Wheres the best place to go for a helmet. I know theres Cotter's in Dublin but tis a bit far from me, so Im looking for a place somewhere in the Munster region, that does decent lids and and are reasonably priced if such a place exists.:rolleyes:

Also what brand would ye recommend? AFAIK Arai are top of the crop but are very expensive, what would be the cheaper alternatives but just as safe?

I have a Nitro helmet but need to get a better helmet as this one is a bit too big plus the visor hinge is kinda fooked on one side.

Info and advice as to where to look for a new helmet much apprieciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Here is what I went with. Top Safety ratings, relatively cheap price. Inner-visor is a life saver and would never buy another lid without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The best way to get a helmet is to go to your nearest shop with a good selection. Get properly measured and try on different helmets for fit and comfort. Pick the best you can afford. Use Sharp test results for safety, though some manufactures don't agree with the testing methods.

Then when you've been measured and fitted buy from Crossan's. The most important thing is to make sure that the helmet fits correctly, as no mater how high or low they are rated if it doesn't fit correctly it's can't do it's job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

I'll recommend the Shoei Xr-1100 if it's in your budget.

Biggest things for me is are pinlock visor system so your visor doesn't mist up on you and the amazingly well designed visor mechanism. The visor seals properly for motorway speeds and can be locked closed if needed, but it was really my old AGP GP-Tech that needed the lock for it's super weak visor ratchet. It's very comfortable, and I'll probably stick with Shoei for a few more years/helmets to come.

The blurb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd_M3RjfYn0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Have a look at this to get an idea on fitting.

Advertisement