Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is so difficult to get a job!!??

Options
  • 06-09-2010 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

i spend my all days in the streets looking for something to work, then i come here to look into the internet, and in every store and restaurant that i send mi cv no one calls me... am i doing something wrong??

im 19 and i have experience in restaurants waitressing, im realy realy hard working...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

gumtree.ie

monster.ie

irishjobs.ie

jobs.ie

I totally understand cos I was in that situation myself. The only advice is don't get disheartened. Keep at it. Pick up the likes of (shudder) the Herald and check out jobs there or go on the sites that I've posted above.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭girvtheswerve

You just have to be persistant. Keep at it and with a bit of luck something will come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

the short answer is "it's the economy....etc."

from your post it seems that english is not your first language.

you might need to review your CV as that might be letting you down.

however persistence is the only thing I can suggest. keep going into these places in person. If a company needs someone and you turn up at the right time you will get the job ahead of someone who happened to leave in their CV imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Work & Jobs forum please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement