Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying Laminate Flooring

Options
  • 06-09-2010 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering what I should expect to be paying for someone to lay approx 100 sqm of laminate flooring.

Also, I've got 2mm underlay, should I go for the thicker underlay upstairs?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 masonry solutions

Always go for thicker underlay upstairs. The price depends on how awkward the rooms are and if you want the skirting taken off and the flooring to go underneath which is the neatest way. My friend in dublin got a similar amount done recently for €800.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

maybe laminate flooring is harder to lay in Dublin or something, but wouldnt have thought it would cost even half of the €800 mentioned. I'd be thinking you'd get someone to do it for €300 or even less. depending on the complexity of it I suppose, but shop about anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

300 quid for 100sqm of flooring!!
    this place is getting funnier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 masonry solutions

bruschi wrote: »
    maybe laminate flooring is harder to lay in Dublin or something, but wouldnt have thought it would cost even half of the €800 mentioned. I'd be thinking you'd get someone to do it for €300 or even less. depending on the complexity of it I suppose, but shop about anyway.
    depends how good of a job you want, all skirting re caulked, all flooring under door frames. all old flooring taken up.
    €300 is dreaming

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

depends how good of a job you want, all skirting re caulked, all flooring under door frames. all old flooring taken up.
    €300 is dreaming

I didnt see the OP ask for any of the above, only to lay 100m2 of flooring. as I said, it depends on the complexity of what is wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

bruschi wrote: »
    I didnt see the OP ask for any of the above, only to lay 100m2 of flooring. as I said, it depends on the complexity of what is wanted.

fair play to ya
    youl never be idol

Advertisement