Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunphy or Hook - who would win in a fight

• 06-09-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Ok, so just reading through the George Hook Cruise thread and saw that Dunphy had a bit of a gloat in his voice when reporting it.

So if the two auld scamps ever did square up who'd Win?

Dunphy or Hook 23 votes

Dunphy
    0%
    Hook
    100%
    JimdavetheraveGreyfoxjimograllanb49DancorSVAoifeND.QDiabhal BeagTomebagelUsh1BigAl81JimmybossAgricolaCheap Thrills!zimovainPeterIanStakerlandsleavingWolfe Tone 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Hook would win. He could just sit on Dunphy, end of fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Is this what it's come to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

hopefully both would die.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

allanb49 wrote: »
    Ok, so just reading through the George Hook Cruise thread and saw that Dunphy had a bit of a gloat in his voice when reporting it.

So if the two auld scamps ever did square up who'd Win?

Society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Is Hook tall and fat or just fat? If he's a small enough fella then I reckon Dunphy could take him in a scrap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Is this what it's come to?

Nah, next one is Harney vs That-big-thing-in-Akira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

bonerm wrote: »
    Is Hook tall and fat or just fat?

he's a fairly tall f*cker; well over six foot.

he'd annihilate Dunphy, plain and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Who gives a flying fook, if the fight was on out my back garden I'd close the curtains!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

SlickRic wrote: »
    he's a fairly tall f*cker; well over six foot.

he'd annihilate Dunphy, plain and simple.

If he is as good to fight as he is to talk sh.ite, he would take some beating:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Hook
    Dunphy I think would be more ruthless. He's from Drumcondra and Hook is a private school C4 type.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Google fight says Hook...

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=George+Hook&word2=Eamonn+Dunphy
    Ush1 wrote: »
    Dunphy I think would be more ruthless. He's from Drumcondra and Hook is a private school C4 type.

Er... Drumcondra is a lot more classy then Cawrk... and even then... Hook is from a shíthole in a shíthole...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Hook
    Dunphy drunken fighter though, might be able to hold out against hook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What's a C4 type?

Hook
    Aidric wrote: »
    What's a C4 type?

Like D4 only Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

inb4 inevitable "Right Hook" reference

Hook
    Google fight says Hook...

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=George+Hook&word2=Eamonn+Dunphy

Er... Drumcondra is a lot more classy then Cawrk... and even then... Hook is from a shíthole in a shíthole...

The whole of the county of Cork??

Hook went to a private fee paying Rugby school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Id say hook, given Dunphy's background is in football and Hooks is in rugby (where you take and give out a few smacks without crying about it). :D

Hook
    hobochris wrote: »
    Id say hook, given Dunphy's background is in football and Hooks is in rugby (where you take and give out a few smacks without crying about it). :D

Football was a bit different in Dunphys day. You defo could give out a few smacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Hook - he is a big fecker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The whole of the county of Cork??

Hook went to a private fee paying Rugby school.

He's from a squalid area referred to as Jewtown... basically... the same as the Liberties and Smithfield used to be...

Also that fee paying private school... was paid by his dad working 2 jobs... and his mother making arrangments so it can be paid off in installments as opposed to lump fees...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Hook
    Dunphy through pure self righteousness.

Hook
    He's from a squalid area referred to as Jewtown... basically... the same as the Liberties and Smithfield used to be...

Also that fee paying private school... was paid by his dad working 2 jobs... and his mother making arrangments so it can be paid off in installments as opposed to lump fees...

I heard about it when he was being interviewed by a psychologist.

So the fact remains he went to a private school while Dunphy went to a non private national school.

I heard about it when he was being interviewed by a psychologist.

So the fact remains he went to a private school while Dunphy went to a non private national school.

I don't see how that would be a factor here...

Hook
    I don't see how that would be a factor here...

I think going to a private school would be seen as more of a privilege then a non fee paying. Hence, my original point of Dunphy coming from a less privileged background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Er... Drumcondra is a lot more classy then Cawrk

LOL, I've heard it all now.

Ancient ex-rugby player would pulverise much younger in-shape soccer player, and Dunphy isn't even that.

I think going to a private school would be seen as more of a privilege then a non fee paying. Hence, my original point of Dunphy coming from a less privileged background.

I just explained that Hook wasn't from a privileged background...

:rolleyes:

...and that would affect a fight between them how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

It would be quite even until Hook whipped out the Sky plus box and battered Dunphy to death

Hook
    I just explained that Hook wasn't from a privileged background...

:rolleyes:

No.

You just explained how he is from a more privileged background, via the cost of his schools, than Dunphy.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

No.

You just explained how he is from a more privileged background, via the cost of his schools, than Dunphy.:rolleyes:

Jebus Christ - only in AH could people get into a heated debate based on a completely fantastical situation.

It's academic - neither would ever admit to having been beaten so absent a fight to the death, this could never be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

once hook hears this, popey and mcgurk will get involved and with the dunph getting bacardi giles and okey doke bill interested.. its a sky box office event in the making

No.

I see your :rolleyes: and raise you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hook
    Noopti wrote: »
    ...and that would affect a fight between them how?

Well what type of fight are you on about?

If it's outside a pub my moneys on Dunphy. With regards to where they're from, you get in a fight with someone from a private school or someone who isn't, who's more likely to, oh I don't know, stab you to death?

No.

"privileged background" would refer to an easy upbringing...

He didn't have 1...

Hook
    "privileged background" would refer to an easy upbringing...

He didn't have 1...

He clearly did have some level of privilege if he went to a fee paying school, despite how it was paid for! It wasn't him paying!! FFS...

• Advertisement

Well what type of fight are you on about?

Mano a mano, no weapons.
    If it's outside a pub my moneys on Dunphy.

Dunphy would be too drunk to throw a punch.
    With regards to where they're from, you get in a fight with someone from a private school or someone who isn't, who's more likely to, oh I don't know, stab you to death?

You get stabbed by the public school kid, but only for looking crossways at his moh.

You get kicked in the head by the private school kid, but only for scoring the winning try against his school last Thursday.

Hook
    Yeah but he'd also be too drunk to know when to stop, and could dance rings around hook

- Think of the life of brian scene with the slave and gladiator, hook always looks like he's about to go into cardiac arrest

Hook
    Plus Dunphy likes to get coked up, plenty of energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Dunphy is a scrawny little thing. Hook would probably knock him out cold with a well placed punch or if he landed on him dunphy would crumble like a dry leaf. There must be 3 or 4 stone difference between them. At least.

Only thing is dunphy probably fights scumbag style so who knows what he'd do in a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Dunphy wouldn't stand a chance against Hook. George Hook would be like a giant against him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Hook
    The fight would probably be pay per view so nobody would watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

True Dunphy is from Drumcondra but even the best places in Cork are still as bad as DNS. Hooky would be just as good for a low blow or a bite as Dunphy.

Dunphy is a scrawny little thing. Hook would probably knock him out cold with a well placed punch or if he landed on him dunphy would crumble like a dry leaf. There must be 3 or 4 stone difference between them. At least.

Only thing is dunphy probably fights scumbag style so who knows what he'd do in a fight.

Hook, Wood and Galwey

Keith Wood is 6', Mick Galwey is 6'4". Hook must be 6'3" or 6'4", at least. And he's really heavy-set.

Dunphy is much shorter and lighter built. There must be 8 stone difference. Dunphy's only chance is to run away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I would have to invoke Fight club rules, the skinny scrawny guy always wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Hook
    I think in a fair fight, Hook would win easily. But Dunphy would just pull a knife and gut Hookie like a fat fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

haha, just saw the other site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I reckon Mary Wilson would batter both of them

Hook
    Jimmyboss wrote: »

Next the news or Dunphy's/Hooks show, what are the chances of it getting on one of there's or if it's mentioned at the match tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Hook, Wood and Galwey

Keith Wood is 6', Mick Galwey is 6'4". Hook must be 6'3" or 6'4", at least. And he's really heavy-set.

Dunphy is much shorter and lighter built. There must be 8 stone difference. Dunphy's only chance is to run away.

My mate saw Hook in the airport and said he was massive. I texted in and asked him how tall he was, think he said 6'4"!
    Well built too, dunphy doesn't have a hope!

• Advertisement
Advertisement