Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Game of Soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭LadFromLimerick

Hi lads,
    There are 2 fine new astro pitches out in Newport Football Club (10 min drive from Annacotty), they were only recently opened so there might still be availability on Monday nights.
    I'm interested in playing anyway wherever it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Ill let ye play in my back garden for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

Hi lads,
    There are 2 fine new astro pitches out in Newport Football Club (10 min drive from Annacotty), they were only recently opened so there might still be availability on Monday nights.
    I'm interested in playing anyway wherever it happens.

I play in Newport twice a week and would recommend it. There is plenty of places left as well afaik.

€50 for half pitch for the hour
    €90 for full pitch for the hour

Ive played on alot of astro pitches and its probably my favorite surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Update lads:
    Lad rang me from delta earlier. He said that we can have a slot on monday evenings. He told me to call out next wed or thurs to see the place, any1 interested in viewing it with me???? Asked him would it fit 6 a side and he reckons there would be enough room as they are fairly big pitches, no more than 6 though. He said it would be too crowded. We all need to decide on a time that will suit every1 lads. If there are any times that dont suit people, post it on thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

shano_88 wrote: »
    I play in Newport twice a week and would recommend it. There is plenty of places left as well afaik.

€50 for half pitch for the hour
    €90 for full pitch for the hour

Ive played on alot of astro pitches and its probably my favorite surface.

If you take the half pitch is it 5 a side or would you comfortably fit more? It would be nice to have the option of playing a slightly bigger game if we got the numbers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭damoth

If you take the half pitch is it 5 a side or would you comfortably fit more? It would be nice to have the option of playing a slightly bigger game if we got the numbers...

Good idea - it would be nice to be able accommodate 12 some weeks when most of the panel are available.

Will i forget about delta so lads? Newport sounds like the job too, let me know anyway, cheers

I wouldn't forget about it just yet, but Newport is €10 cheaper so if they have space we might go with them.

As long as people won't be scared off by a bit of rain?!!

We normally play 5 a side half pitch but we have played 6 a side a few times as well and its fairly comfortable. Your first touch might need to be a bit better though!
    We normally play full pitch once a week and usually its around 7/8 a side and its brilliant craic. Def tough on the legs though!

Also, if ye are playing in Newport id probably be able to play some nights if ye need numbers, etc.

thats the thing, it might turn alot of people off, the last thing we want is only 4or5 people turning up on wet nights, best thing to do, people post here on which they would prefer, indoor or astro???

well delta is still astro, just indoor astro from what I understand. I'm sure the majority of people won't mind a bit of rain the odd time? I've been playing regularly on outdoor astro the last few years and we've always gotten the numbers.

You will sign up on the thread a few days before for the game anyway, so you won't know what the weather is like at that stage :D

We normally play 5 a side half pitch but we have played 6 a side a few times as well and its fairly comfortable. Your first touch might need to be a bit better though!
    We normally play full pitch once a week and usually its around 7/8 a side and its brilliant craic. Def tough on the legs though!

Also, if ye are playing in Newport id probably be able to play some nights if ye need numbers, etc.

that sounds pretty good so, do you have a number for them? Or a website if they have one? I have no idea where it is either....

well delta is still astro, just indoor astro from what I understand. I'm sure the majority of people won't mind a bit of rain the odd time? I've been playing regularly on outdoor astro the last few years and we've always gotten the numbers.

You will sign up on the thread a few days before for the game anyway, so you won't know what the weather is like at that stage :D

Im easy going as to where we play anyway, rain wont turn me off a game of ball anyway, we can keep this updated anyway and go from there, hopefully we can get it up and running sooner rather than later:D

Right so, we should have options of both Delta and Newport. We need to decide between those 2, and we need to pick a time. I would possibly say 7 if it was available but I'm not that fussy. If there are no objections to a game around 7 we'll provisionally book one of the places for mon the 20th at 7

I haven't got the number for it. Il find out thought and post it here.

good stuff, thanks mate

His name is John O Brien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

I'd also be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mckenic

Hey folks,

Dont know what your numbers are like but Im available if called upon :)

My name is Dave and I play on Thursdays with Peter, looking for another game to reduce the beer belly! Im easy as to where and when!

Thanks for considering me!

Dave

Well lads, any update as to whats happening with this?

sorry, I was away for a few days so didn't get anything done about it. I rang John in Newport just there but I have to ring him back this evening when he gets a chance to check times.

Right lads, I think the way it's going to work is that I will either provisionally book a slot with Newport tonight, or if that doesn't work out we'll get Andrewh1984 to book Delta for us. Assuming this works out, we should be up and running by next week.

My ankle injury seems to be worse than I first thought so I probably won't be back playing for at least a month but I'll just join up with you when I'm back able to move.

I'll update again when I know more, on wed we'll start the list for the first nights game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

indoor would def motivate me to drag my lazy arse out on wet winter nights anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

zuroph wrote: »
    indoor would def motivate me to drag my lazy arse out on wet winter nights anyway!

Hi all. Just off the plane from a mad few nights in Spain and have rang around the lads. There are 5 of us interested, including myself, but Newport is a non runner. Too far out of the way and, trust me, the winter months and weather will certainly mean a drop in numbers. I'll leave the final verdict to the op as we now seem to have numbers. I'm calling to see delta as well. So let's try make a decision before the weekend?

Cheers

Hooked wrote: »
    Hi all. Just off the plane from a mad few nights in Spain and have rang around the lads. There are 5 of us interested, including myself, but Newport is a non runner. Too far out of the way and, trust me, the winter months and weather will certainly mean a drop in numbers. I'll leave the final verdict to the op as we now seem to have numbers. I'm calling to see delta as well. So let's try make a decision before the weekend?

Cheers

alright screw it, I guess the extra €1 a head is worth it to be dry :D

Andrew, you were on to delta before weren't you? Will you get on to them and book a place for next Monday at 7 or 8 depending on what they have?

I guess keep it at 10 for the first week and see what happens. I reckon there has been 20 people interested on this thread so if there are enough people there is nothing stopping someone else from booking a second pitch but we will take that as it comes.

So for now, copy and paste the list below to sign up. As I said above, it'll be a few weeks before I'll be playing so fire ahead yourselves!

Delta Mon 20th
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

alright screw it, I guess the extra €1 a head is worth it to be dry :D

Andrew, you were on to delta before weren't you? Will you get on to them and book a place for next Monday at 7 or 8 depending on what they have?

I guess keep it at 10 for the first week and see what happens. I reckon there has been 20 people interested on this thread so if there are enough people there is nothing stopping someone else from booking a second pitch but we will take that as it comes.

So for now, copy and paste the list below to sign up. As I said above, it'll be a few weeks before I'll be playing so fire ahead yourselves!

Delta Mon 20th
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

I'm with the op on this idea. I'll ring and arrange a booking tomorrow for this coming Monday, the 20th, and confirm time via this thread and well do a dry run. No pun intended!

Cheers all

mckenic wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Dont know what your numbers are like but Im available if called upon :)

My name is Dave and I play on Thursdays with Peter, looking for another game to reduce the beer belly! Im easy as to where and when!

Thanks for considering me!

Dave

Dave, drop us a pm with your mobile no or stick up your name on the list for Monday here. I'll confirm it and the time in the morning! L, k and j from Thursdays are also on board if this Monday goes ahead!

I rang delta and he said he will contact me early next week with times that are available, they are not opening till Monday 13th and he reckons that they wont be fully opened, so Monday the 20th will be ideal to get started if that suits every1?????

Hey andrew. I was on to delta too, as I've said above, I'll confirm a time via this thread in the morning once booked, and we'll take it from there. Once I confirm the booking, we'll open the initial sign up straight away via this thread on a first cone first served basis.

Unless you've already booked it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭damoth

Guys,

I count 20 interested on the thread. 13 boards people and 7 others that people know.

Could I suggest that the people who have signed up on the thread get priority.

For example, just allowing individual sign-ups for the first day the team sheet is up (eg Wednesday) and after that (from Thursday on) let people sign up for other people they know to fill any remaining spaces.

What do ye think?

The panel...

natnifnolnacs
    TestTransmission
    Hooked + 4
    Insect Overlord
    Andrewh1984 + 2
    zuroph
    damoth
    FutureGuy
    gariceimo + 1
    LadFromLimerick
    shano_88
    A2LUE42
    mckenic

Im off nearly every Monday evening so Id def be up for playing.

€6 a head is alright i suppose for indoor anyway count me in.

damoth wrote: »
    Guys,

I count 20 interested on the thread. 13 boards people and 7 others that people know.

Could I suggest that the people who have signed up on the thread get priority.

For example, just allowing individual sign-ups for the first day the team sheet is up (eg Wednesday) and after that (from Thursday on) let people sign up for other people they know to fill any remaining spaces.

What do ye think?
    Yeah I actually meant to add that in above but forgot. We'll give it 2 days on thread for sign up for the next weeks game. After that people can get in others. That's the fairest way I think?