Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a vet

• 06-09-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

hey im getting my newfoundland pup next week and am looking for a suitable vet if anyone knows one in the knocklyon/tallaght/templeogue area, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

No recommended vets in this area?

I'm looking for one myself, I'm in Tallaght area too, my usual vet is on the other side of the country.

My dog hurt herself on the beach yesterday, was running about fine, then pulled up, and won't put any weight on a back leg. She seems ok when the leg is in the air, is eating and wagging her tail like normal, it's just when she forgets for a second, and puts the weight down, she remembers.

No outside damage, her pads are ok, nothing broken either, can't see any swelling, so I reckon at best it's some kind of sprain, getting worse, some kind of ligament tear. But I'm no expert.

Anyway, want to get her looked at today, so if anyone can recommend a place to bring her. I'll have a look myself, but I can't get out until after 2pm anyway, so if anyone can recommend a place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

tmcw wrote: »
    No recommended vets in this area?

I'm looking for one myself, I'm in Tallaght area too, my usual vet is on the other side of the country.

My dog hurt herself on the beach yesterday, was running about fine, then pulled up, and won't put any weight on a back leg. She seems ok when the leg is in the air, is eating and wagging her tail like normal, it's just when she forgets for a second, and puts the weight down, she remembers.

No outside damage, her pads are ok, nothing broken either, can't see any swelling, so I reckon at best it's some kind of sprain, getting worse, some kind of ligament tear. But I'm no expert.

Anyway, want to get her looked at today, so if anyone can recommend a place to bring her. I'll have a look myself, but I can't get out until after 2pm anyway, so if anyone can recommend a place?

Sounds like this could be her cruciate so i would get her to a vet asap.
    Theres one at the Old Bawn shopping centre if you wanted to go there. My mam uses them and i think they are quite good to deal with.

My dog gets brought to the Terenure Veterinary Clinic (Whitehall Road), haven't been myself but my gf says it's a nice place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you have transport, Argyle & Bainbridge just outside the old Dundrum village are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

Thanks for the replies.

Brought her to one at Old Bawn as it is fairly close to me. Seems like a nice crew in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭candy_pants

I have to second Argyle and Bainbridge (I know location wise it doesn't suit you guys but just in case anyone else looking for recommendations). We always used Argyle and Bainbridge in Stillorgan. Sadly, our dog was put down recently and one of the vets (I think it was Dr Argyle himself) arrived to a house full of grown adults in absolute bits and was just amazing. It was hard to notice anything other than what was happening with our dog but I'll never forget how sweet he was to us and to our dog. Any vet I've dealt with and the rest of the staff have always been great as well so highly recommend them!

Advertisement