Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparently all CDs are faulty

Options
  • 06-09-2010 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I was just reading in a music magazine about a product called Nespa Professional Disc Optimizer. Apparently every CD ever produced is unfinished and small amounts of argon gas are trapped in between the CD layers. This results in your CD player (no matter how good it is) not reading the CD properly.

For just £603 you can purchase the aforementioned Disc Optimizer. You then place your CDs inside the Optimizer and a bulb fires at the CD releasing the argon gas. Your CD is then finished and plays perfectly. You eventually have to replace the bulb but that only costs £53.

Does anyone believe this thing actually works? Or is it just designed to scam people who have more money than sense?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I was just reading in a music magazine about a product called Nespa Professional Disc Optimizer. Apparently every CD ever produced is unfinished and small amounts of argon gas are trapped in between the CD layers. This results in your CD player (no matter how good it is) not reading the CD properly.

For just £603 you can purchase the aforementioned Disc Optimizer. You then place your CDs inside the Optimizer and a bulb fires at the CD releasing the argon gas. Your CD is then finished and plays perfectly. You eventually have to replace the bulb but that only costs £53.

Does anyone believe this thing actually works? Or is it just designed to scam people who have more money than sense?

sounds like a great idea :rolleyes:

Must have put all the profits from their last invention into it:

dvd-rewinder.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I'm sure you would notice no difference at all after dishing out that amount of money. Now we want to go back to analogue. I think I'll hold on to all my vinyl albums.

OP, my advice is save your cash for something more practical. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

If it's true, Steve Albini is preparing a big "I told you so" to the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

On the subjet of "Faulty" CD's I once had a stero that one day stoped playing some CD's but played other fine.

I went through my entire collection and 1/5 didnt play while the rest did, I looked at these cd's numouroes times to try and establish a connection when I noticed all the cd's that didnt play were on EMI or EMI sub labels.

Sony succeded in not only creating a product with atrifical intelligence but one that was an eleitist anti EMI music snob.

Advertisement