Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*URGENT* Ex Meteor Bill Customers, Check your bank statement.

Options
  • 06-09-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

This might have been caught by someone else, if so, please merge with the current meteor contract thread. I called meteor in the middle of last month and canceled my bill... only to discover on the 3rd of September a €200 deduction. I'm on the phone to them right now, the girl says it was a cancellation fee?? :mad:

Has this happened to anyone else? And was it resolved, I really can't afford to have this happen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you cancelled your contract and your contract wasn't finished all the networks will charge you a termination fee, I presume this is what has happend.
    Did you cancel your contract early?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I take it they are refunding you? It might be a billing thing that they have to do it that way, charge you, and then issue a credit for the same amount. Not ideal but other companies do similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Well there shouldn't be a cancellation fee, I cancled due to their change of the terms and conditions. I'm off the phone now, no one in cancellations is available. I was told by the girl that their systems had been upgraded and that over the last few days a number of customers have had cancellation fee's applied to their account. Now I was lucky as I had the lowest tarrif available... but if I was on bill pay max that'd be 800 odd quid out of my account. Hopefully it will be sorted quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

Same thing happened to me but mine was about 120 I think. Rang up customer care and the girl read out what the last person had typed ‘ I will not be charged as I was leaving due to not accepting the change in contract.’ So she put me on hold for 3-4 min and said that has now been wiped (think it was the cancelation dept had to do it). Was easy enough but would say a lot of people will have to ring up to get it removed.

Advertisement